Which brand of Bow to buy?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by huntinggeek, Feb 3, 2003.

1. drakegunner

drakegunner Elite Refuge Member

who needs training wheels. Go with a bear recurve. Or spend the big money and get a black widow. Adds a whole new kind of fulfillment to the hunt.

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

yep, that's what I got. Do it the way it's meant to be done- instinctive shooting!

3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

yep, that's what I got. Do it the way it's meant to be done- instinctive shooting!

4. MallardAddict

MallardAddict Elite Refuge Member

I shot a Mathews for years, and loved my MQ1. I didnt hunt with ti anymore so i sold it. If i had to do it again it would be a mathews i think but i would look really hard at BowTech as they are very good units as well.

5. kjrice

kjrice Elite Refuge Member

Never shot a Matthews, but hear good things. I think you can't go wrong with any, but add High Country to your list. I've mostly shot Hoyts and High Country. Now set your budget and it is best if you can actually test shoot a bow before buying. Buy the one that feels best to you!

6. carv-a-G

carv-a-G Guest

I have had great luck with my Mathews.....It shoots fantastic!!! It has been through some rough years elk hunting in the Rocky Mountains....They are the best bow I have found for hunting......bar none..........all you have to do is shoot one!

go shoot a Mathews!
    see for your self!
    carv-a-g

7. Sprigtail

Sprigtail Refuge Member

I shoot a Hoyt and would highly recomend them. Good customer service, too. I have also heard great things about Mathews bows.

8. fallsflight

fallsflight Elite Refuge Member

Darton Maverick XT. Great bow. Extremely happy that I got it. My previous bow was a Darton Trailmaster. Sold on Darton bows.