Which broadhead do you use?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Batman74, Apr 23, 2004.

1. fallriver

fallriver Senior Refuge Member

100 grain spitfire mechanicals. Had success last year with them, can't wait for this year.

2. Double G

Double G Senior Refuge Member

I was shooting the 100gr 3-blade Muzzy but they would not fly right with my new Legacy and I didn't have time to find out why so I was shooting my 100gr Spitfires last year. They fly good but I have destroyed everyone I have ever shot anything with. Definately not as tough as a Muzzy.

I'm shooting the G5 Montecs this year and man those things are solid and sharp. Can't wait to pick up a blood trail!

3. mallardSX2

mallardSX2 Elite Refuge Member

Muzzy 4 blade 90 gr! Bad to the BONE!! I wouldnt shoot anything else...

4. bumper

bumper Senior Refuge Member

!00 gr. muzzies. Love 'em. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

5. misfire

misfire Senior Refuge Member

I recently bought a package of Magnus 100gr Stingers (4 blades) and a package of 100 gr Montec Tekan expandables.

Both of the heads fly beautifully. The Stingers are a no loose proposition; cut on impact, accurate, durable and priced reasonably. I have never shot anything other than turkeys with expandables but I may try to kill a deer with the Tekans this year. They fly like bullets and have a cut on impact head that even without the side blades opening would probably kill by itself.

The only downsides to the Tekans are they are expensive and I'm still not too sure about the way the blades open up. They slide backwards in a channel and are pushed open by a wedge cut at the back of the channel. They are held closed by pinching a rubber o ring between the blades and the channel. Kinda weird....but it sees to work good. I don't think it takes as much energy to open the blades than other types of expandables. Plus you just can't ignore that cut on impact head that drives that sucka' home....

6. Fur and Feather

Fur and Feather Elite Refuge Member

100 gr. muzzy 3 blade

7. Ho ace

Ho ace Senior Refuge Member

100 gr. Crimson Talon Broadheads this upcoming year. I will let you know what I think when I fling a couple at some Whitetails. (Man, I am going crazy to get this year started!!!) Backyard testing has gone very well.

Shot NAP Shockwaves and Muzzy in the past.

8. TIGGER

TIGGER Refuge Member

Muzzy 125gr. 3 blades.

Matt

9. QUACKHEAD

QUACKHEAD Elite Refuge Member

100 Grain 4 Blade Muzzy.