Which Electronics

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by DUCKIES1, Jan 28, 2018.

1. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I have talked about it every time she does a quick slip on me when I am dragged out shopping. we did have fun sitting down together checking out the nick settings when the new dogtra came in to try to find the lowest setting that we should we would need to get the dogs to respond. I think we both found some minor joy as we shocked each other and watched each other jump. I just glad my teen age daughters were not around watching to get any ideas. I have seem them and their friends so some jack arzz things and heard about some others.

2. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

IMO the Edge RT is a better option for a retriever.

3. duck dawg

For e-collar I'd go with Garmin Pro 550 or the Dogtra Edge RT.

I'd go with the Dogtra RR Deluxe for remote release electronics.

BAYDOG likes this.
  4. Strick9

Strick9 Refuge Member

whats the consensus on the new gps/e collars?

5. duck dawg

I'd go with the Garmin Alpha for tracking and training.

I think the new Dogtra Pathfinder is a good system and works fine. I just don't like having to use a cellphone as the handheld.

6. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

if the edge continue to have issues with water I will be switching to the RT. Glad I held onto my pro200xls for now as I had a buddy who was interested. Just shipped the receiver back to Dogtra this week. Looking forward to getting it back and getting it exposed to water again to see how it holds up. I have been wanting to get the other collar wet and see if it does the same thing but my wife likes having the tracking light on one of the dogs for now and doesn't want to have both out of commission.

7. Strick9

Strick9 Refuge Member

Upon thinking about it and liking redundancy I would probably opt for e collar and separate for tracking.

8. milletro

milletro New Member

Echo the responses on TriTronics and Dogtra being the best choices. I personally own the following products:

Garmin/TriTronics Pro 550 Collar / Transmitter
    Garmin/TriTronics G2 Remote Release / Handheld Transmitter
    Dogtra Remote Release / Handheld Transmitter

I have had no issue with any of these products. I personally like the functions of the TT e-collar, including the bark collar and remote LED light. I'm a one dog guy so the pro's may have some better experience across product lines in the collar category when training with multiple dogs.

As far as RR go, Dogtra seems to get the most votes by trainers. I like both, the wingers I use are actuated using a friction minimizing roller system which requires less force to actuate, therefore TT RR work as well as Dogtra.

9. duck dawg

A lot of folks go this route because the e-collar transmitter is easier to use than the Alpha handheld for corrections, especially when running multiple dogs.