Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Which gun to choose?

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by bigkid, Dec 30, 2003.

1. BigLefty

BigLefty Elite Refuge Member

I have an SBE and love it!

i just thought the extrema felt too heavy

lefty

2. GooseMan17

GooseMan17 Elite Refuge Member

Check out a SuperX2. Very nice guns!!

Good Huntin,
    Gooseman

3. jgrandel

jgrandel Elite Refuge Member

I have a Win SX2 and love it. When the season ends I want to get it dipped. If you get a new one Browning and Win both offer the new Duratouch finish. Looks great and seems to me like it would be durable, and I haven't heard anything to say it isn't.

4. Bobo_JRD

Bobo_JRD Senior Refuge Member

Im with Lefty, the SBE is the way to go. I got my SBE over the summer and i love it. The new models look wicked cool in my opinion as well.

Lefty, do you have a web address for the company that dipped your SBE? If so can i have it?

Thanks

5. bobby2400

bobby2400 New Member

6. eagleeyejohn

eagleeyejohn Senior Refuge Member

HEY Lefty if its the same place you told me about getting the gun dipped. He is not doing it anymore. He is only doing bows now. He got to busy with the guns and broke off of them. If not post the new place cause I still want to get the mossberg dipped.

7. Rockfish

Rockfish Elite Refuge Member

Like Duckshot said. I have the Browning Gold 3 1/2" and the first season I had know problems. Cleaned it and thats when the problems started. Everythings back together correctly, but I did notice some wear. I was in a pit this morning, flock of geese came in, went to pull the trigger and nothing. Took it apart and found a spring off of the trigger sear. reinstalled and I guess it works. Did'nt get a chance to shoot it. Gonna send it back to Browning when the seasons over with. Shot Duckshot's Extrema, but didn't like the foward safety on the trigger guard. Kinda hard to find when your used to the rear safety on all the other guns, but have been considering trading in the Browning on it. Might even go back to a pump gun.:mad:

8. jgrandel

jgrandel Elite Refuge Member

I think the guy that did Lefty's gun is Tim Neubold (sp?). If you do a search on the shooting forum you see the thread that says he's not doing it, and who they recommend. Looks like there's a company called Duracoat in GA that's seems to be the favorite for those guys. I wonder if it's similar to the stuff that Browning/Winchester put on their guns (they call it Duratouch)

9. BigLefty

BigLefty Elite Refuge Member

That sucks that Tim is no longer doing guns. I love the dip on my gun.

Duracoat had a big write up in DU magazine a couple years back. I looked into them but Tim was cheaper.

Good luck,

lefty