whisker biscuit tech

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by hillbillyhunter, Aug 19, 2009.

1. hillbillyhunter

hillbillyhunter Elite Refuge Member

This might be something alot of guys do, but most people I show have never seen it. Why I dont know its very simple. I started shooting a biscuit several years ago but couldnt get the speed I wanted and would also get some funky flight. So I got out the razor blade and the chrony. I gained 6fps in about 5minutes. Some guys might cuss me say it wont work, say its been done, just plain gripe about the biscuit. Some guys do shoot them though and this will help.

[​IMG]

2. hillbillyhunter

3. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

Why not just buy a bow doodle instead?

4. fallsflight

fallsflight Elite Refuge Member

I shoot with a Whisker Biscuit also, but I saw the Octane Hostage Arrow Rest the other day which is like a Whisker, but the vanes don't touch anything. The 'whiskers' are only in contact with the arrow itself.

5. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

I saw that in Cabela's catalog last night.....I instantly thought of the pictures that hillbillyhunter posted.....very similar!

6. hillbillyhunter

I am sure the bow doodle work work great Iand I have pondered over trying one several times. I like how with the biscuit holds my arrow in place even if I turn the bow sideways, upside down, or however. when stalking I generaly have no worries just draw and shoot. I have bumped a limb or some thing and pushed the arrow in to the area I notched out. lets just say the arrow go no where near its intended spot

7. hillbillyhunter

I just looked at the Octane Hostage Arrow Rest. Does the brush part hold firm against the arrow? looks like it might cause alot of drag. The biscuit's I shoot are for aluminum arrows so the hole is larger. the brushes dont drag as bad.

8. Craig76

Craig76 Senior Refuge Member

The octane ones are junk the bristles wear out real fast.
    I have the biscuit on my bows I have no loss in speed or accuracy

9. ghak99

ghak99 Elite Refuge Member

None at all? :scratch

I'd like to know how you've managed to eliminate the force needed to push your fletches through the whisker biscuit.

I'd also like to know how you've eliminated the friction the center ring of the whisker biscuit applies to the arrow as the shaft bends and flexes when leaving the bow.

10. Craig76

Craig76 Senior Refuge Member

I shott thru the chrono before and after same bow same pounds and same arrow only thing different was the rest. Shoot 3 arrows with same rest was not any difference at all.