Whistlers in November

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Frank Mahovolich, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Frank Mahovolich

Frank Mahovolich New Member

Hey Guys,,,,I'm a 66 yr old Duck Hunter,,,,I live in Southern Ontario,,, I hunt Rice Lake in my Duck Boat,,, In a month or so depending on the weather the Whistlers or Goldeneye will start migrating south,,,Usualy when the Lakes & Ponds FREEZE-UP north the hunt is on,,lol,,
    I,ve been hunting WHISTLER since I was 16,,,,, Ya thats 50 hunting hardy Ducks..We Shoot
    DRAKES only..We get Buffleheads ,,Mallards,,and a few Bluebills in the mix,,,Rice Lake is 10 miles north of Lake Ontario,,If you can imagne the COLDEST,,,WINDY day thats when
    The WHISRLERS fly,,lol,,lol,,, It's true,,,I'll fish Walleye till the Whistlers get on the Lake
    By the way fishing can be great on Rice,,Anyone who hunt WHISTLERS lets talk,,lol,,

Mahovolich

mmayes likes this.
  2. dankoustas

dankoustas Senior Refuge Member

Welcome to the site Frank. I do love hunting those goldeneyes, they decoy in so good!!

3. Chesapeake Boy

Chesapeake Boy Elite Refuge Member

LOVE THE GREENHEADS!!!!

[​IMG]

pointblind likes this.
  4. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Man I'm jealous of that Barrow's. I've seen a few but never had a chance at one.

Oddly enough November is my best month for whistlers here in CA. I can't wait.....

5. jtiede

jtiede New Member

I hunt just South of Frank on hunt Lake St Clair. Cant wait for the goldeneyes to show up!

6. Frank Mahovolich

7. Frank Mahovolich

Hey Guys,,,We hunted Saturday morning on Lake Ontario saw a few Whistlers,,Butterballs and a few Bluebills. next week heR I,ll put the boat in on Rice Lake,, Might be a bit early but we,ll see/???Hope to hear from you Duck Hunters,,,Mahovolich

8. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Welcome Frank !! We get whistlers in good numbers, unfortunately they are the last divers to arrive, so we have to wait till Dec....

9. Frank Mahovolich

10. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

Here in TN we look forward to the Goldies arrival. Normally in mid Dec we start seeing small numbers, but with the right weather we will see more. They always land with the goldie decoys-they pass right over the other decoys. Sometimes they fly right by the spread, then bank and some right in. A very BRIGHT male is a trophy for us! fireduck