Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

white rock decoys

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by cripple, Jan 12, 2015.

1. cripple

cripple Senior Refuge Member

What's evefyones opinion on them pros and cons please thinking of purchasing a bunch of them to replace some other decoys

2. BoB_25

BoB_25 Senior Refuge Member

Love them, over all others in there class....They only thing I don't like is putting them together. But a bottle of Jack and a couple of friend can put together 60 dz in one night!

One problem I seen/dealt with was pulling a decoys out of frozen ground...if your not careful you can pull the decoy apart.

I run the headless ones...

3. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

The only issues I've had is a few coming apart at the lock washer thing and they are very tough to put out in frozen ground. No decoy is perfect.

4. goosnit

goosnit Senior Refuge Member

Has anyone use the Canada style decoys when they were strictly hunting Canada geese ? I've hunted in fields with snow geese decoys and seen how they work . Just curious if the Canada sock would flare the geese more times than not........

5. txduckster

txduckster Elite Refuge Member

I have been using 16 dozen of the Canada White Rocks this year and the birds love them just as much as any other decoy. I have been using them more and more now that most of the fields won't let us use RG with the no till wheat and frozen ground.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. txduckster

An electric pencil sharpener really helps. A rubber mallet will get them in pretty easy after you sharpen the tips.

7. icebreaker12

icebreaker12 Elite Refuge Member

How do you think a spread would look with 5 dozen? Or maybe 7 dozen?

8. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

Love the decoys have over 10,000. Started using the Canada rocks this fall and it really added to our duck spread and killed the snot out of the honks. You can't go wrong.

9. txduckster

Well that first pic is about half the spread so you could use that to get an idea. We tend to put our decoys fairly tight and use a lot of them to hide hunters.

10. ringnek

ringnek Senior Refuge Member

We hunted over Sillosocks new Knockdown Canada goose windsocks this year and they worked great. Our set was only 3-5 dz and the only days we didn't limit out was because of the shooters. No skunks and 7 bands.