Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

white rock decoys

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by cripple, Jan 12, 2015.

1. BoB_25

BoB_25 Senior Refuge Member

I think it will snap back to shape...Nike has a new sole product and it looks like the same material.

The thing I'm scared about is the wind...the guy in the picks looks like he's hold 6-7dz (bag in each hand) in his hands...if they are that light, bad things will happen!

2. Fozzbear

Fozzbear Senior Refuge Member

My biggest concern would be wind as some have mentioned. Hard to tell from the pictures but if there is more surface area on the decoy in front of the stake towards the head (which it appears there is) then they will turn backwards in the wind unless there is some means within the stake to limit rotation. Why do you think all the fullbody dekes out there have some sort of limiting mechanism (ie bungees for legs that hook to the base or a stop on the top of the base like GHG fullbodies.

I have confidence that the White Rock group will address all these questions. They have built superior product w/ superior customer service IMO to this point so there no reason to doubt that they will not continue to do so.

Tony - Maybe you could take the sample one you have stick it in the ground and put a fan in front of it and let us know what happens.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  3. BoB_25

I can agree with that....but I think the price per 6 has to be rethought...something doesn't feel right...even if they work flawless.

4. BoB_25

From IAWaterfowlers Something new in the world of full bodies... http://www.iawaterfowlers.com/51624/something-new-world-full-bodies

You have weak opinions for using them...So beside the size what's wrong with them?

5. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

Where do you get week opinion? The only week opinion I have is full bodies in general. I don't have the room, time, or funds to run the numbers I want for snows. You can try and read in between the lines but the decoy appears to be solid and will be the right fit for many hunters. I had no intentions of switching before or after I saw the decoys.

6. BoB_25

Slow down killer...A lot of people are interested about them....and a lot people have major concerns about wind and retaking there shape...and you haven't really said much but they are solid!

Just looking for more info! That's all....

7. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

Huh?

What we have here... is a failure to communicate.

8. CPLZ

CPLZ Senior Refuge Member

That was my first thought also, although in thinking about this more, it's really not competing much with the standard full body market, but more with the walk in hunter who's capacity is more limited. From that standpoint, they are a solid investment.

Just my pair of pennies.

Chip

9. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

Sorry but I didn't drive up there to answer your questions, I could care less. If you want your questions answered call them or drive up there yourself and hope there is a 40 mph wind below zero temps.

10. BoB_25

dude your a douche...you said they sent you some to try last year.

I don't even know why i ever ask you anything, your full of crap anyways.