White Rock Silo

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by marshmob, Dec 4, 2017.

1. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Anyone ever try white rocks 2D flocked Canada silo? We got into a field that’s 350 acres and one edge borders a river that a birds travel up and down. Due to field road access the closest we can get to the river is approx 1/3 mile or a little more unless we carry everything in. Definitely not looking to do that with a fb spread. I was thinking about get 8dz - 10dz of these and walking it in or simply adding to my current spread of 80fb’s to get visibility.

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Never tried those but unless there's a deal going on, the flocked Dive Bombs are a bit less expensive.

Billy Bob likes this.
  3. marshmob

Looked at the dive bomb but he’s back ordered on the flocked til 12/27

4. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

I have been running 4 dozen all year. I like them, they have held up to the beating quite well. My only complaint is the stakes. They are spaced out farther than divebombs and it causes them to bend a bit easier. I love the paint scheme compared to the divebombs. 4 dozen fit in an old Hunters Specialty silhouette bag perfectly. Any other specific questions just ask and I'll fill you in.

5. marshmob

Just the inevitable question of any shine?

6. pud123

I get so tired of hearing about this shine all the time. Does a wet decoy shine in direct sunlight? Of course, be it full body or not. That is the only time I have noticed shine on any of the silhouettes that I have used over the years. And that includes all of the commercially made ones and some super highly customized Nazi specials. Buy what you want, they all will kill geese if you do your part. This past weekend we used Divebombs, Whiterocks, and homemade ones. I'll let you in on a little secret, there were geese walking around in all of them, no preference was given.

7. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

70C433FA-56EF-4DCE-A446-6B9AF68D96C4.jpeg
    A sure-fire way to reduce glare.

pud123 and Wareagle1 like this.
  8. marshmob

That could be an advertisement right there....our flat decoys are so realistic that even goosenazi can’t tell the difference !

9. blkduck

blkduck Senior Refuge Member

who has thicker material, divebombs or white rocks? any side by side pictures between the two

10. pud123

White rock a touch thicker. Dive mob a touch denser. I’ll have to dig around and see if I’ve got any pics on my phone later.