Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

White rock vs dive bomb

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by huntaholic21, Nov 27, 2016.

1. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

Who's used both? Need pros and cons/preference opinions.
    $500 for 10doz wr
    $400 for 10doz db

2. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Added some white rocks to my arsenal this year. No complaints. The support rods held up and went in hard ground easy. Granted I never placed them into frozen ground just hard packed dry fields. Haven't used or seen dive bombs so can't comment on those.

3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I haven't used both but we have 10 dozen divebomb canadas and really like them they go in hard ground easy. The finish is very flat for a coroplast decoy and they are made of a heavy duty coroplast, you would have to really abuse them to bend one.

4. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

I also have the dive bomb Canada's and your right they are great. I was referring to the snow socks.

5. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

I was willing to spend a little more and get a windsock with a better back support than other decoys. So I bought 10 dozen of the new SX Full body Windsocks from Snow goose Warehouse. They have a MUCH better support inside to keep them open when there is no wind. The rest of the sock decoys are limp on a stake on windless days. We had quite a few windless days in Canada this year and the snows wouldn't come within 100 yds once it got full daylight.

I live only 12 miles or so from them. So I went there yesterday and looked at them before buying. These decoys cost a little more. But as that old saying goes......you get what you pay for. They also sell an Outfitter series which is like the rest of the socks out there. A single rod as a backbone......no comparison. My group will be replacing our Silosocks, Whiterocks etc. over the next 2-3 years with these SX Full Bodies.

6. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

How do they store? And fold? Col. idea but my feR is they'll take allot more space? I'm not busting chops just askin an honest ?

7. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

I would store them assembled. With the inside framework assembled. It can be folded down each time. The inside piece is on a half inch slider that locks in place. If you want to keep them that way.....you tighten it down. I suppose you can slide it back and forth each time to get more storage. Also bought their storage bag. It is a double heavy plastic. It can hold a couple hundred decoys, but would be pretty heavy. They lay in with the front in one corner. Then alternate with the next in the opposite corner. You place them in the bag the same way each time. This keeps the dirt(mud) off the decoys.

They have long stakes which keeps the decoy off higher stubble. The inside plastic frame is at a 7 degree upward angle towards the back and not a single straight or bent rod like the other windsock brands.. This allows the decoy to wobble and look like a walking goose. They are headless for right now. They said they expect heads in a month or so. These will be sold separately from the body. Right now they only have snows. They expect blues in a month or so also. I saw their blues and they look good. The material is a little heavier than other sock brands, so they should last longer.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016