Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

WhiteRock Collapsable Fullbodies

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by 10gaBBB, Mar 31, 2017.

1. 10gaBBB

10gaBBB Senior Refuge Member

Like most others who have these, we had picked some up to "field-test" and our luck was the same. Great concept, but they failed to perform reliably. The "cram-flex" material does flex and can be crammed (LOL) but pop back out...not so much!

Anybody come up with an idea that works to get these dekes to fill out into a full-body shape without all the dents and creases. Maybe birds don't mind...but I sure don't like the look. Even carrying them in slot-bags didn't work.

Fill with expandable foam maybe...but that just sorta defeats the "collapsible" factor for storage. Open to ideas at this point.

ON a positive note, the paint held up great during all the "flexing" trying to get these birds to fill-out.

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Small hole and insert straw. Inflate to your satisfaction. I had other words written but this is a family forum. :reader :D

3. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Sell them and move on. Seriously what is the sense of having a flexible decoy that needs to be stored full size anyway. You gain nothing. Take the loss move on and maybe look at running fewer but better decoys if space or cost is the issue. Honestly I'm surprised these haven't been pulled from the market.

4. 10gaBBB

GK1...understand where you are coming from, but selling them isn't an option; as I'm not going to pass the problems to someone else. Do I need them for our spread? Nope. We were just trying them out. Space wasn't an issue nor was cost.

Just liked the idea of a lightweight fullbody. Too bad they didn't work out.

5. Cootershooter

Cootershooter New Member

I returned mine to white rock and they refunded me in full for my purchase. They tried to tell me to use a blow drier to heat them up. I told them I can't do that when I'm setting up my spread. They responded with we understand. So all it cost me was shipping cost to return.

6. Greentops

Greentops Senior Refuge Member

These decoys were a huge fail for whiterock imo. We had similar experiences with the decoys. They definitely do not form back to shape like advertised. I should have known they wouldn't. The seams also pulled apart on a couple of them like it was nothing. I'm surprised they actually released these. I'll be interested to hear any solutions

7. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Have seen them in person a few times long enough to know they wouldn't be for me, seemed like they would be more time consuming than anything. White Rock makes some top notch products,but these need some improvements. The concept is good though. I see on another forum someone is selling a similar product and claiming it is an improved version but I'm still skeptical.

8. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

I had only bought 6 mallards and followed the direction and then some and could not get a single one of them to full shape. I bet their bottom line has taken a big hit over these.

9. bad dog

bad dog Senior Refuge Member

10 ga,,I live not far from you towards council bluffs.would like to buy them if you decide to sell.bad dog

10. 10gaBBB

Bad Dog appreciate the offer. But I have all summer to try and get these birds usable. They may not be collapsible when I get done, but they will still be light weight.