Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by 10gaBBB, Mar 31, 2017.
how you makin it with the decoys.bad dog
Before storing them in the decoy shed, I filled them with water, let them sit for awhile, dumped it out. Took care of all indents and creases. Checked yesterday and all pretty much holding shape at this point. Wish the "cram-flex" material was thicker.
We've had em . There junk . Love everything else white rock makes tho .
U don't even see them use them in there own white rock videos, suprised they have not chimed in on the issue here
Looks like another company is making a similar type decoy with a hole under the butt you can use to press out any dents. Will be curious to see how they do.
I,m going to try a fix with these decoys that I have. I removed the stake tube and put ballons in the stake hole and tail hole. Blew them up and pinched them off with paper clips. Really filed them out nicely. Next Im, going to paint them with a thin layer of white UV paint and let them sit for a while. Hoping this will fix the wrinkle/dent problem. I,ve already painted one of these the same way and the paint soaks in and doesn,t chip off when I fold it down. Seemed to stiffen up the material too.
Yeah, I know, should,nt have to do this and it will take some time. I,m hoping that the payoff will be lightweight, space saving FB,s that will be good fillers for my GHG,s. Don,t mind the painting as I paint all my FB,s with UV paint.
I,ll post results soon.
Well the flooding here slowed down this project but I,ve now finished a few. Painting them while they are expanded with balloons works great. Pop the balloons, put the stake back in and good to go. I bought a bunch of them on sale for 1/2 price from white rock. They came smashed really flat and had bad wrinkles when expanded. After the ballon,paint deal they look great.
I don,t plan on smashing them down for transport, will use seed bags. Not that I think the wrinkles would be bad again, just don,t want to mess with pushing them back into shape in the field. I,ll shoot some before and after pics and post them soon.
Well after putting the painted decoys in a bag for a while, many were dented and creased again. I,ve given up on these looking decent without filling them with something. Expanding foam looked to be far too expensive so I,m filling them with rolled up bubble wrap. Cut the seam under the tail, stuff them full and staple the seam back. Adds weight of course, they,re about a pound each now. Buying the bubble wrap in bulk online it costs a little over $ 20.00 a dz to do it. Add some tail loops and hopefully that,ll be the last modifications needed.
I used a few of the snows Ihave to pattern my new chock tube!
I filled mine with pillow stuffing from Walmart. It was a little bit of work, but at least I get to use them. I tried the spray foam and blew the decoy in half.