Who do you think will win the cup?

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by BRETT McCUTCHEON, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Remshot

Remshot Elite Refuge Member

What he said!!!

2. goosechaser

goosechaser Senior Refuge Member

Seems to me that Detroit was what a 2 seed and Anaheim a 7th? The Avs were a 3 seed and the Wild a 6th. So using a little logic here....something you dead wing fans don't have......the Avs series should have been a little closer than the Wing series. Ah but the Wings got swept by the 7th seed! So much for logic huh? Yeah the Avs lost. You can't hang it on Roy though. The rest of the team just didn't seem to want it as bad as Minn. We'll see what happens next year.

Goosechaser

3. RETREVR

RETREVR Senior Refuge Member

First of all. Very cute michiduck. Way to edit my quote. Were you a journalism major at MSU?
    Second of all.
    You guys get swept in the first round and have nothing better to do than come over here talking trash?
    I could take it from a Wild fan. But you guys are something else.
    I don't mind a good hockey argument, but you guys ain't it. From the get-go, bret opens up with an ignorant comment about how Roy is a choker..... after his own tender got swept. Do you guys really know anything about hockey? Or are you just a bunch of ignorant redwing fans?
    At least there were some knowlegeable wings fans on the forum last year. I guess losing brings the true character out in a team's fans.

How about this:
    Scotty Bowman was the redwings. Take him away and you have another Philly. By that I mean, another team that, historically has lots of tallent, but lacks the leadership in net to be successfull. That is one disadvantage of signing the top free-agent tender every year. Stevie Y leads by example, but lacks the true leadership qualities that Scotty had. It is similar to Nebraska football. Just an end of an era....thats all.

4. Goose Hunter Jr.

Goose Hunter Jr. Elite Refuge Member

I am hoping the duck do know that he AVS are gone.....

5. Goosedad24

Goosedad24 Senior Refuge Member

Huh?? Marty.......slow......down......when......you......type!!

You type like a mexican speaks spanish, way too fast for anyone to understand :D :l :l

6. Itchin' to go

Itchin' to go Senior Refuge Member

Wow what a strange playoff year!! Who would have that the Avs and Wings would be out after the first round and Dallas will be lucky to win more than 1 game in the second round. I'm just glad i'm not a bettin man.

Retrevr, I have to disagree with a slighty...While Scotty was a great coach, I dont know what he could have done for the Wings against Anaheim. He maybe would have made more line changes in game 2 but even then I dont know if it would have helped(Scotty was swept in rnd 1 before), #1 the Wings were just too complacent and #2 Giguere is an unstoppable force right now. Just ask Dallas.

These early round exits may be good for both the Avs and the Wings, some tough losses like this might make them a little hungrier team next year like the Wild,Canucks, and Ducks are.

By the way what are guys hearing about Roy retiring? ESPN is reporting that Jacques lemaire(dont know how to spell it) has said the Roy is definetly done, just wondering what you guys are hearing out there?

Ryan

7. BRETT McCUTCHEON

BRETT McCUTCHEON Elite Refuge Member

And you guys said i was bitter? Don't get your panties in a bunch! And i do mean panties!:l :l :l Really, don't have a heart attack or anything, it is all in good fun. But if you can't take a joke, roy, roy, roy. That is pronounced wah , wah ,wah.:rolleyes: ;)

8. RETREVR

I thought Roy was done a few years ago. He has won a cup since. I really don't know. I'll ask Barry Melrose when he is in town. He goes to the same coffee shop I go to.

9. Itchin' to go

Itchin' to go Senior Refuge Member

Ahh the infamous mullet man Barry Melrose.

I can only stand listening to Barry for so long.

Ryan

10. RETREVR

This is hockey. If a hockey guy can't wear a mullet...who can.