Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Who Has all the ducks??

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by junkie, Dec 8, 2015.

1. SmokinGreen

SmokinGreen Senior Refuge Member

Complete waste of money and time only to result in a misdemeanor. Having to flood corn in the first place is pathetic, having to feel the need to bait flooded corn=total greed or a complete lack of skill.

2. junkie

junkie Refuge Member

Well the local radio station 670 am did a 30 min or so deal on it yesterday. There is a recording at 670 Kboi website

3. oneshot maybe

oneshot maybe Elite Refuge Member

So, I guess he was sentenced this week. I heard that the courts really didn't know how to approach this and heard that he ended up with a fine of $40,000.00 (they assumed that they shot 400 ducks @$100.00each), 15 days in jail, 250hrs community service, 3 1/2 years supervised probation. Of course, this all can be appealed.

4. junkie

junkie Refuge Member

5. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Good, a pretty good spanking. He admitted to having over 200,000 ducks on his property during the 2013 season. That had to impact a lot of guys hunting.

6. WATERDOGS

WATERDOGS Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

40 grand and a few days in jail is nothing. I'm sure nothing will change as far as the birds. His place holds so many birds without baiting it is even stupid that he would do something like this. I am sure they spent so much more just prosecuting him.

7. oneshot maybe

I think the biggest part is the no hunting or feeding ducks while on probation and perhaps the embarrassment to his friends. The money means nothing to him, the jail time can be served on weekends and I heard they might try to get it as "house arrest" due to his "health".

8. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Maybe the 40grand doesn't mean anything to him. But it sure as heck serves as a pretty good deterrent to most guys that might think about doing something stupid.

9. WATERDOGS

WATERDOGS Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I wonder what they mean by feeding the ducks? Baiting or does that include flooding corn which is legal? I always laugh when they take a license. Someone that breaks the law could care less about a license. Maybe it will send a message and that message is it's going to cost you a little bit of money to break the law. He could have made that in a few weekend hunts with the hunting he has.

10. oneshot maybe

First off, I never heard of him charging guys to hunt. Second, while an out and out lawbreaker might not care about having a license, he didn't seem like that type to me, plus he is most likely way too high profile to get away with that. I agree that the fine is never equal to the investment of properly convicting someone. IMO, the charges should have been brought years sooner and this activity stopped long ago. It will be interesting to see how this season goes.