Who is Chris Atkinson?

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by how45hard, Apr 12, 2017.

1. jd6400

jd6400 Elite Refuge Member

Never met him in person but have talked a couple times on phone.....truly a stand up guy and gentleman........Jim

2. twall

twall Senior Refuge Member

Ask him if he trains or handles his dog in a kilt.

Tom

3. Chris Atkinson

Chris Atkinson Senior Refuge Member

Who is how45hard? ;) I've sent a PM or two over the past few months.

To brother Tom:
    I wore a kilt 17 years ago. I did it one time in the year 2000.

To the original poster, I've sent a PM. You have an opportunity to communicate.

My connection to the retriever world has been a great experience. It has resulted in many opportunities that I've cherished.

I hope to enjoy many more opportunities, friendships, successes and new learnings through the retriever activites.

Chris

4. Chris Atkinson

Jim, Our conversation is a perfect example of the kinds of relationships and experiences the retriever world has brought me.

To share a bit with the readers - and to add a little color to this topic - here's the story:

I judged an Open Stake at a Retriever Field Trial this past Spring in Georgia. A training buddy of my co-judge, who was our marshal for the stake, is a retired man who spends time training and enjoying retrievers. Like those weekends go, we got time to talk about the hobby, how we got into it, etc. It turns out this man started out as a Junior High School student throwing birds and cleaning kennel runs as a part time job for Jim's dad - a professional retriever trainer back in the day.

I was so tickled to meet a man who's been doing this since he got hooked as a kid through a part time birdboy job, that I had to phone Jim and let him know the mark his family - 3 generations of professional retriever men - has made on the game.

This means something even more to me today. This past weekend, we had a high school freshman who had the day off from his JFL football throwing marks for our training group. My training group host and I tried to be sure to keep this young man engaged, answer questions, explain what's going on, etc. The boy was shocked when he got paid at the end of the day and said he was going to ask if he could come back again - even if we hadn't paid him.

Maybe this can be a replay of bringing another young man into the game - so he can be one of us "old guys" some day!

Sincerely, Chris

P.S. How45hard - answer your PM please!

Buttesmacker likes this.
  5. crackerd

crackerd Elite Refuge Member

All I know is they're sending smoke signals into the ether on rtf in hopes of bringing it back under your aegis again. And they even dredged up the old NAHRA thread where you almost had to provide round-the-clock protection to keep me from becoming a Vermont sugaring bear's attempted homicide victim or being shot as an out-of-order fly-, er, liar...

Good stuff about Jim D. and family - and working a new birdboy into the retrieving lineup

MG

6. Chris Atkinson

Thanks MG, Maybe you can get How45H to come out of the shadows. I'm certainly not Qui Chang Trainer - the most interesting man...

Although I'm one of the few who had the good fortune to communicate directly with Qui Chang - and yes, I expect total consciousness at a critical time in my life.

RTF - in my nearly 20 years having that entity as part of my "pack", I learned that it is not possible to please everyone. While a situation makes one guy/group thankful and appreciative - it can send another group into an offended tantrum.

Another thing I have learned: Change is inevitable. Everything changes. Or as your fellow Destroyer State resident would say: "Everybody funny. Now you funny too."

Peace and straight lines: Chris

Here's a quote I got over some cold drinks at the dinner table recently: "An Amateur does it 'til he gets it right. An expert does it til he can't get it wrong." Can you guess who I was dining with?

Chris

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  7. papacharlie

papacharlie Senior Refuge Member

I sent Chris a PM though RTF years ago complaining to him about the Sellers of there Dogs Puppies and Merchandise not giving prices on their Merchandise I kept that response with the thought that it's his site and he can do with it as he pleases I felt a little mad but after decades of being in the Retriever Kingdom you tend to be a "SOUR SOB" enough said

8. Chris Atkinson

Hey PC, I sincerely apologize for making you feel like I'm a sour SOB.

i can tell you that I did try very hard to get folks to use the resource right. I surely made some mistakes and I am sorry for making you feel bad.

Chris. 217-454-0361.

9. scully

scully Senior Refuge Member

He is Russian and working with Trump to swing the election!