Who wants to talk about more cop stuff?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by joe117, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Flyby

Flyby Elite Refuge Member

I'm curious as to why he wouldn't want investigations into what happens in a combat situation. Is it because of the stress and possibility of mistakes being made? I guess you shouldn't expect the military to be held responsible for that kind of thing. Any chance any of it was truly criminal in nature? But why investigate it. Its combat.

Does this strike anyone as a little hypocritical? Must just be me.:cool:

2. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

You all learn so fast...:D

It does to me, and I'm in the military.

YL03

3. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Which police departments do you think won't cover up for the cops? Your quotes about departments are very general. Be a little more specific.

NV wrote a good piece about how things work in his Department. I doubt that they have cover-up and stonewall tactics.

There must be others. But I can't name any.

Perhaps you can use your experience and let us know what departments won't cover up.

Perhaps you could tell us if you think cover-up is common.

Perhaps you might write a little about exactly why it is that so many citizens believe that cops stick together and can’t be trusted to inform when they see bad cops in action.

Sort of like the cops that continued about their business while another cop dumped a guy out of his wheelchair right in front of them?
    None of them reported it. None of them thought enough of it to say something.

It happened, we all saw it.

4. joe117

I'm curious as to why he wouldn't want investigations into what happens in a combat situation. Is it because of the stress and possibility of mistakes being made? I guess you shouldn't expect the military to be held responsible for that kind of thing. Any chance any of it was truly criminal in nature? But why investigate it. Its combat.

Does this strike anyone as a little hypocritical? Must just be me.

I don't as a rule comment on bad decisions made in a "dark alley, split second" shooting cases.
    The case of the 12 year old with the $28 million dollar jury award was different because it was such a large award and the cop’s defense was that they made mistakes.

Military being responsible for mistakes in combat?
    I wouldn't spend much time investigating that sort of thing. The main reason would be that the victims are probably not Americans and who is a bad guy in combat isn't always clear.

Also, the military shouldn't make a big deal about a soldier who shoots a civilian truly by accident when the strike aircraft are dropping thousand pound bombs on places that need to be bombed killing those that need it and those who just happen to be there..
    It's a war. People get killed. Sometimes it's the wrong person, but that doesn't IMO mean the guy who does it has committed any kind of crime.

The cases we have been talking about are almost without exception, cases where there was no dark alley or split second decision involved.

5. joe117

Joe did I read something about you in vietnam? What do you think about all the reports in the papers about US soldiers burning down villages and killing innocent people? Was there an agenda behind this reporting? Should it be taken at face value?

"Was there an agenda behind this reporting?" Of course there was an anti war anti America bias just as we have today.
    The liberals controlled the media then as they do now.

But if you are trying to equate biased reporting in Iraq or Vietnam with the media reporting of police activity.... Sorry Muddy, that won't fly.

I'm sure the police see it differently and they can come up with all sorts of examples of media bias and poor reporting. But it's no worse than media pieces about hunters, handguns or assault rifles.

6. joe117

So you are saying that the cop pulled his firearm and was pointing it at the woman from the get go? Not that some derranged crazy person was trying to run the cop down, which he then pulled his firearm and tried to stop said threat, possibly in an attempt to stop this woman from hurting other people?

From what I understand the woman said she was trying to get away from “that gun”.
    She said that her son said the man “has a gun”.

From that I take it that he had the gun in his hand.

But even if you want to believe that he had it on his hip or wherever on his person.
    That means he had time to pull it out and fire five aimed shots at the Honda with the mother and son inside.

And buddy…. That doesn’t make any sense when the alternative would be for him to get out of the way.

After all guys…. This was a road rage incident. She wasn’t a bank robber or some kids running out on a $24 breakfast tab.
    This incident was at least partly of Officer White’s making. He knew it was an argument about traffic.
    He shot a woman and her eight year old son because of a road rage argument.

The report I read was that the woman’s car was backed up against a curb.

Look guys, You can say “ I need to wait for the investigation”. But guys… It happened on the 13th of March.
    What’s the problem?
    So the woman won’t talk to the police investigators.
    Will Officer White talk to the woman and her lawyer? I don’t think so.

This cop shot a woman and a boy. Charge him with that and let the jury decide if he was operating in self-defense.

To not do that just makes people think there is a coverup.

7. joe117

8. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Joe, just face it. You have bought into the liberal media's bias of cops hook line and sinker. You are one of the sheep, you have always been one of the sheep and you will always be one of the sheep. You aren't a cop and therefore you will never know what cops have to deal with.
    Sure it was a mother with an 8 y/o kid... in a vehicle fully capable of killing the cop. Could he have moved out of the way? Probably. She could have also turned around and tried to hit him again or tried to kill someone else... But it was just a mother with a kid. I'm sure if you look it up you won't find domestic violence to be a problem anywhere... You know, mothers with kids killing people... you know their kids and such.
    Ya it was a road rage incident, I've lived in DC, I have been on the recieving end of road rage... Doesn't mean I was upset at all. I just had crazy people yelling at me and throwing stuff at my truck. Doesn't mean I am going to shoot at them. 5 "aimed" shots? How do you know that was the case? Oh ya because it fits Joe's "cause."
    What are 5 aimed shots to you? Just because you can't hit crap shooting on the move doesn't mean these guys can't either. Some of these guys take this stuff pretty serious and put a lot of rounds down range. My buddies in CA pay to go to CO every year to do shooting courses because they don't get enough from their own dep't.

Basically Joe how I see it, is that you are the Craig bell of anti cops. he twists stuff around to make it all republicans or the Presidents fault blah blah... you are doing the same stuff but only to cops. And don't even say you aren't anti cop because the few LEO on this thread will whip out more quotes from you stating you are. It is almost funny. More annoying than funny but hey what ever.

YL03

9. joe117

I'm going to finish reading your post and I might comment on the part I have yet to read...... But I couldn't pass this without comment.....

You aren't a cop and therefore you will never know what cops have to deal with.

Are you a cop?

You are one of the sheep, you have always been one of the sheep and you will always be one of the sheep.

When you buy into the cop line of thinking and accept their excuses for some of the things that the few bad cops do.....

Did it ever occur to you that YOU might be the sheep?

Do you know any more about cops than I do?

When you comment on things that you don't know about first hand... You might be right or you might be wrong....

But you certainly qualify for the category that FlyBy has in his sig line.

Get it?

You are not one of them and yet they value your opinion because you agree with them.
    If you didn't agree with them they would throw you under the bus saying that your opinion is meaningless because you are not a cop....

Do you understand what I'm saying?

10. muddy

muddy Elite Refuge Member

I think it is a great example of the liberal medias anti police and military attitudes. You are even more liberal then the media on this matter. We have to lie you down on a couch and get to the bottom of this joe.