Who wants to talk about more cop stuff?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by joe117, Mar 28, 2008.

1. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Sure it was a mother with an 8 y/o kid... in a vehicle fully capable of killing the cop. Could he have moved out of the way? Probably. She could have also turned around and tried to hit him again or tried to kill someone else... But it was just a mother with a kid.

At this point, the cop has not claimed that the woman tried to “run him down”.
    If he had said that at the scene of the altercation I would expect her to be arrested and charged with trying to kill a police officer with a deadly weapon.
    She has not been charged with anything.

I'm sure if you look it up you won't find domestic violence to be a problem anywhere... You know, mothers with kids killing people... you know their kids and such

I don’t really know what domestic violence has to do with this.

Ya it was a road rage incident, I've lived in DC, I have been on the recieving end of road rage... Doesn't mean I was upset at all. I just had crazy people yelling at me and throwing stuff at my truck. Doesn't mean I am going to shoot at them. 5 "aimed" shots? How do you know that was the case? Oh ya because it fits Joe's "cause."

Well the car has five holes in it. At this point no one is arguing that there were not five shots.
    I added that the shots were “aimed”. I’m giving Officer White the benefit of the doubt that if he thought the woman was going to run him down, and he thought that shooting her was a good idea, that he would aim at her rather than shooting randomly.

What are 5 aimed shots to you? Just because you can't hit crap shooting on the move doesn't mean these guys can't either. Some of these guys take this stuff pretty serious and put a lot of rounds down range. My buddies in CA pay to go to CO every year to do shooting courses because they don't get enough from their own dep't.

What makes you think I can’t shoot as well as anyone you know?
    But the point isn’t that Officer White can’t shoot. I would suppose that he CAN shoot as well as I can and as well as anyone you know.

Does that mean he shot the kid on purpose?

He is a good shot…..Right?

2. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Not a cop Joe, I have enough in my family and enough friends who wear the badge to know more than you do. Also the fact that I was a volunteer firefighter and worked with them enough to know what they have to deal with. Plus the 10 or so ride alongs I have been on. Does that make me an expert? Hell no. Does that mean I know more than you do about the subject. Hell yes.

Ya, I'm one of the sheep. Sure thing stud.

Sure I do. I'm not the guy taking what the media says as truth. I am looking at things in a logical manner, not because some headline in the media envokes emotions that support my disliking of law enforcement.

They value my opinion because I look at different aspects of what possibly could have happened instead of buying what the media said as you do (sheep)and I give them the respect that they have earned. I'd normally give you the respect that you earned for your service, but obviously you have moved away from those values. Why I have no clue.

YL03

3. joe117

Since this thread has been moved to an approved area of the forum. I think we should consider a cease-fire as far as attacks on me for talking about this particular shooting.

The management doesn’t seem to be upset with this thread as long as it resides where they have put it.

And to me that means that any arguments centering around why it is being discussed are no longer valid.

What I’m saying is that we should be talking about the event… Not why I want to talk about it…….Do you understand?

In this instance an off duty cop has shot two citizens and the PD has been mum about the incident for more than two weeks.

The discussion has nothing to do with who hates cops or who was in Vietnam or who does what for a living.
    Discussion centered around why I want to bring this up and talk about it and why I shouldn’t be doing just that have nothing to do with what happened and our discussion of it.

So rather than interrupting he discussion with your comments about me, I suggest that you talk about the topic and avoid hijacking the thread with nonsense about me.

I didn’t shoot those people. I didn’t threaten Officer White.

Want to defend him? Fine.
    We can talk about that all day. Just drop the "we shouldn't be talking about this".

4. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Lets see, un armed mother, child, aimed shots... ya you are giving the officer the benifit of the doubt.

I don't know, you seemed to imply that unarmed mothers aren't capable of violence.

Oh I'm just assuming (took a note from you) since you are old, haven't served in any job that needed a gun, and probablly don't take the time to practice and train like cops do you probably aren't that good a shot.

Maybe he did. I don't have access to the police report... Oh but that would do no good, the cops would just cover for him.

YL03

5. joe117

Ok YL,
    As I said, attacking me has nothing to do with the case.
    I've read everything I can find about it.
    And all of the information is not from the woman or the media.
    Some of it is from the PD.

Some of the facts speak for themselves.
    No charges…. If she tried to run down Officer White…Why no charges?
    The cops wouldn’t let the lawyer take pictures of the Honda, why?
    The cops interviewed the boy without permission… They admit that. What did he say?
    Why did they do that?

If you would like to discuss the case, let's go at it.

But attacking me is what I would consider a hijack, and I'm asking you to stop trying to hijack the thread.

Want to talk about the case? Fine....Want to talk about how bad I am?
    Start your own thread wherever you want.
    But stop hijacking my thread.

6. joe117

I think it is a great example of the liberal medias anti police and military attitudes. You are even more liberal then the media on this matter. We have to lie you down on a couch and get to the bottom of this joe.

Muddy,
    I'd like to talk to you about this case. I'm not interested in what you have to say about why I'm talking about this case.
    I consider your attacks on me as an attempt at hijacking the thread.

I'd like to talk about the issue and that has nothing to do with me or why I want to talk about it.

So I'm asking you to comment on the case or go away.

7. Flyby

Flyby Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Joe.:tu :clap

I don't have ANY firsthand info on any of the incidents you have posted. That's EXACTLY why I wait for the investigation to be completed before I comment on the actions of those involved. Since I have no idea what actually happened, and am basing comments simply on the one sided version of what the press says, then I would be making statements from a position of ignorance. (Ignorance only means I don't know. It doesn't mean I am stupid). If I draw conclusions based on a position of ignorance, without knowing anything about it, that would prove I am actually stupid.

8. muddy

muddy Elite Refuge Member

I would comment on the case if you were not so biased and predjudiced. You will simply argue in circles and make assumptions about things which are not known. At this point I am interested in your psyche and what has lead you down this path of evil where you fail to see any truth in justice.

9. rahma

rahma Senior Refuge Member

:rolleyes: Anyone got some popcorn?

10. joe117

If you look at what information is available you will see that almost all of it came from the PD.

If you are going to say that you don't believe what the PD says because the media reported it........
    Then I guess you will have to go personally and listen to what the PD and Officer White has to say while you are sitting there hearing it for yourself.

By the way.....
    If you think the media has missrepresented the facts in this case......Please list the incidents where that happened.

I don't see the media doing anything but reporting the facts.
    Dissagree?

Let's hear it......