Who would you like to see be the Dem. runner for President?

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by pintail21, Jun 28, 2003.

1. deadgreenhead

deadgreenhead Senior Refuge Member

Texas, the greatest state in the nation before all
    It's just that there's never more with me. Even if I did believe this didn't matter to you, I have a harder time believing every thread topic with me doesn't matter. But whatever. One thing, I have started to rethink my sentence formation when I know you are around. I try not to leave you anything but scraps.;)

I agree, you shouldn't have ever bothered to speak up. You are hopeless. There are about 20 layers of this topic sitting just above the dumbed down notion that 'you can't ban assualt rifles because there is no difference' routine that are all very interesting to discuss, but that we never seem to be able to reach when you are around. So you are absolutely right, it's a shame. All you can do is chew the same dirt while pointing fingers at me with your asinine nitpicking and your irrelevant hacking.

And while I have not called anyone here an idiot, even if I can't understand why most in this forum believe in things that cannot be shown to exist in fact, it is entirely fair to say that I do not think you, in particular, are half as bright as you think you are. But I keep hoping that one day you will figure it out. Actually, that's not all the way true, I think your bit it is in part a cop out -- an act. For you to discuss this topic with me in a civilized manner would require you to take the risk of exposing yourself in more than four sentences and you lack the courage to to it. It's that simple. Either that or you are lazy as can be and it's easier just to sit back and point fingers. But I keep hoping one day you will turn it around. In the meantime, you are just sport.

And oh BTW, I don't want to continue that First Amendment discussion -- that one was over before it started. But YOU insisted on bringing up old ****. So there it is.

2. webfootedquacker

webfootedquacker Elite Refuge Member

" Assault weapons are a certain, definable class of weapons that *can be* distinguished from shotguns and deer rilfes in all ways."

As ludicrous as the assault weapons ban is, it is true that most hunting rifles or shotguns DID not fit the category, even though it was for only visual differences, not function reasons. But since the difference is based on visual differences only, it gave many of us not so warm feelings because of the can of worms it opened.

And now, bennelli has come out with a shotgun that has a pistol grip, for turkey hunters. Its a regular M1 with a pistol grip. Will Pelosi and Shumer make a big deal about this? who knows?

But there are guns that are banned only because they have a pistol grip. So this could easily fit if they wanted it to. I personally don't want you, Pelosi and schumer being able to make that call.

3. deadgreenhead

deadgreenhead Senior Refuge Member

Texas, the greatest state in the nation before all
    I agree with that 110%.

And further, what I don't want to see is hunting guns ever placed near the risk zone of a ban. When I say hunting guns I am talking about real true hunting guns -- not the one's that are not really hunting guns but that can used to hunt just because they are guns. True, defining and categorizing is messy and even nonsensical to purists, but that doesn't mean it cannot be done. Also true, some of us may find our favorite would be sporter becomes the subject of an unfriendly regulation. But there are always going to be plenty of some other gun out there that will provide a ready substitute to those that do.

My position on the Benelli example you cite is that the NRA and Benelli ought to get to work making sure guns like the one you are talking about are specifically excluded from the non-sporting category. It's not like they don't have a say in the regulatory process.

4. whistlers

whistlers Senior Refuge Member

Didn't President Bush just recently support the continuation of the 'assault weapons ban'?