Who's going to Cold Bay?

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Grizzly1, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Grizzly1

Grizzly1 Refuge Member

Starting to get excited about Cold Bay in October and was wondering if any other Alaskan members are headed there?

53 days and counting!

2. bkraut

bkraut Senior Refuge Member

Going to be passing by there on my ship after some work in the Bering in Oct. shoot me a PM if you are looking for someone to hunt with.

3. woodie_4

woodie_4 Elite Refuge Member

Me and a buddy of mine will be hunting with Jeff Wasley of Four Flyway Outfitters Oct. 27 - Nov. 3. Can't wait. hunted with Jeff on Adak Island and had a great time. He tells me this trip will be even better. Sounds like you are going to be there just before I get there. you hunting with Jeff? Hope you have a great trip. What are you targeting?

4. Grizzly1

Grizzly1 Refuge Member

Hey Woodie,

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic hunt too!

I will be hunting out of Bill & Lillian Sager's Bay View lodge. My main focus will be geese, but will chase some ducks and ptarmagin as well.

What are your target bird(s)?

5. woodie_4

We are targeting brant and harlequin. Also hoping to shoot some cacklers, taverners, pacific eider and eurasian wigeon.

6. iawaterfowler

iawaterfowler Elite Refuge Member

I won that trip to Nelson Lagoon in November. I am hoping to get my Common Eiders early so that I can venture over to Cold Bay for a couple of days to shoot Harlies and Brant.

7. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

Heard pen air is giving up the cold bay run. Make sure to postsome pics.i will be going withjeff next nov

8. Swamp Warlock

Swamp Warlock Senior Refuge Member

You guys that are going to Cold Bay are making me extremely jealous. A friend (Ramsey on here) and I hunted with Jeff at the end of last October and had an extraordinarily great time. Hunting Cold Bay and Izembek was almost a spiritual experience and I think about it every day.

9. woodie_4

Jeff put the bug in my ear when I was hunting with him on Adak. Put it on my bucket list. Never thought I would be going this soon but a buddy of mine was interested so we booked it. I loved my first trip to Alaska and figure this one will be even better!

10. Dep666

Dep666 Senior Refuge Member

I hunted with Jeff and Captain Moe on St. Paul Last season.....Both were great Guys.....Jeff was with me when I killed my first Bull King....I can't thank him enough....Great Guy and and awesome guide.....Have a great time......I will return to the Beautiful stat of Alaska again some day.....