Who's gonna be there???????

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by azdukfever, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Yuma Visitor

Yuma Visitor Senior Refuge Member

Great photos thanks for sharing . You did a great job and should be commended for your effort . I will keep this mind for next year sounds like fun :tu

2. specter17

specter17 Senior Refuge Member

SoCal - Still U.S. territory at this time
    Great pics WW.

Sunday was not much better for the goose hunting kids. We turned a couple single geese but none of them would commit this morning. I didn't hear from the Farm unit but no geese were shot today at the North or South Ranch of the Sportsman's Club.

Late today some of the mentors and I climbed into the blinds and worked some mallards. We had a big group of 30 cupped and committed when they flared for some reason and only one shot that didn't connect. We saw some big flights of new ducks working the river at sundown so it looks like the shooting is about to turn for the good around Cibola. Just a bit late for the kids though.

3. redheadcali

redheadcali Elite Refuge Member

Here are a couple more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 091.jpg
      091.jpg
      File size:
      52.4 KB
      Views:
    • 098.jpg
      098.jpg
      File size:
      56 KB
      Views:
  4. Widgnwhacker

Widgnwhacker Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Thanks Brother! Nice shot of Cali bringing in the youngsters Greenhead :yes and he looks rather HAPPY!

Thanks also for letting me campout at your place! Hopefully I will be able to make it up for a hunt this season before it is all over :scratch

Jeff

5. redheadcali

That is my little buddy Carter. He was a friend of a member from the same trap skeet club you had in your blind. Mine were a couple years younger and still had fundamentals that took time from when it was time/called to shoot till they actually shot. But they had lots of opportunity. I remember looking up and seeing 20 ducks lighting in and one of my shooters went off on a stroll. Poor Carter got flock shock and missed em all at 10-30 yards. It was a sight to be remembered

Got Jackie hooked, he even blind hopped to the next blind that was open, just couldn't get enough. He wants to head down there and give it a go once he saw what it is all about.

Your welcome along anytime my friend. Especially when you come packed with them back straps, man what a meal. Had em cooked up just right. It was a pleasure working birds for the kids and seeing there faces when they succeeded. Lookin forward to next year

6. Widgnwhacker

Just got an e-mail from one of my young hunters :tu

That is exactly why I volunteer my time to help these kids get into waterfowling :flame

If you want to make a difference in a young persons life and have a positive impact, become a mentor or volunteer to help out with one of the many clinics that are setup for the kids on their weekend :flame

WW Out!

7. sdhunter

sdhunter Elite Refuge Member

Jeff and Steve.......Great job:clap :tu

8. takeem1

takeem1 Senior Refuge Member

I want to say THANKS to all the mentors and volunteers for helping out with a great cause ! I can't thank you enough ! If anyones interested in helping out next year, send me a PM and we'll get in touch.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!:tu

Chris

9. Widgnwhacker

Hey Chris,

Sorry I missed ya and your seminar, someday you can teach me how to blow one of these darn honker calls of mine :scratch

You can put me down as a mentor for the duck blinds again next year :flame

Jeff

10. redheadcali

Your Welcome Chris. Hunting with the kids was thanks enough. If you ever see widge heading at you with a honker call in his hand, get the ear plugs out :dv

Put me down for the same gig again next year as well. I enjoyed hunting that side of the pond and had the right dog to do it.

Here is a pic i got at the end of Sundays hunt. This was most of the kids that duck hunted the island unit

[​IMG]

Attached Files: