Who's ready for turkey season?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by redleg06, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Wolfbangduck

Wolfbangduck Refuge Member

As the season gets closer,but spring is still in the distance,been seeing nice flocks of birds, we have had somewhat of a mild winter,and the population of birds are growing,in just about every county,88.I will be getting the urge to get my vest packed and unpacked a few times,buy more stuff, that I really DO NOT NEED. and just wait! Then shoot one in the face! Just wondering how are the number of birds stacking up in your areas? see more or less in the last few seasons? I like what I see in my Turkey woods.

2. Goosehunterdog

Goosehunterdog Elite Refuge Member

I am ready to go!!!! My daughter aged 10 likes to hunt them as well..

3. wadn4dux

wadn4dux Senior Refuge Member

I'm nowhere close to being ready. But, hopefully, that will soon change. I'm looking to get my 1st tom this year. I cant wait.:nutz

4. ksumallard

ksumallard Senior Refuge Member

i cant wait. been waiting for this since december

5. JShelton

JShelton Elite Refuge Member

Our woods are looking really good for this year. I saw two gobblers together all deer season and the hen Numbers are really good too. We have one new clear cut and are in the process of getting some more timber cut, but it will be more of a thicket. We will probably burn our "turkey field" here in the next month or two, I am going to wait until the logging crews move out before I do that though.

6. Goatman

Goatman Refuge Member

I am ready. Although there is still a ton of snow in the mountains:( , it has not put a damper on my excitment.:grvn

Matt - congrats on the Utah tag! Give me a call and let me know the details.

I hear you on the catalogs, I am ready to place some orders. Hopefully I don't go over what I like to call the "Divorce Budget":dv

Good luck to all this season!

7. Chopper

Chopper Senior Refuge Member

Yesterday I put my vest on and walked into the family room and sat on the floor leaning back against the couch. Wife says why you sitting on the floor? I said "Honey don't think you'd understand"

8. DUCKGOD

DUCKGOD Elite Refuge Member

went do some walking this weekend and saw a few birds, thank god i saw the birds cause they sure as hell don't leave any sign where i have been scouting. No turds, no tracks, no feathers, no dust bowls, but i see Turkeys every couple hundred yards through the woods and everytime in there.

9. augustus_65

augustus_65 Elite Refuge Member

Great pic. What do you seal the beards with? It looks like plain hot glue.

Season is getting close here in Alabama, March 15.:grvn

I've been feeding and scouting the past two weekends.

10. Playa

Playa Elite Refuge Member

I pulled out the diaphragms last week and started cuttin' and yelpin in the truck on the way to and from work. Looking at some new gear, such as ground blind, sights, chokes etc.

Exciting twist to my season, i intro. my wife to turkey hunting last season, she missed a fine gobbler opening day, but she is stoked about going and "redeeming" herself this season. Here is the kicker, she's 4 months pregnant now, our season doesn't open until the last weekend in march. SHE IS DEAD SET DETERMINED TO GET HER GOBBLER THIS SEASON, ROUND WITH CHILD OR NOT!!!! :z Anyone know where to get Maternity camo?

Yentzen, That is quite a display there, I've got a nice pair of 1 3/4" hooks in my garage that i did not know what to do with, guess i've got the beginning of one!!!