Who's selling their boat?

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by Birdup, Aug 22, 2006.

1. azfunn

azfunn Senior Refuge Member

Heck, I'll sell anyone both of my duck boats(and throw in the paddles) for 1/2 that amount. And mine haven't even been submerged. Note to self "Now sit back and wait for wise*** remarks.:l

2. socalducks

socalducks Senior Refuge Member

howdy to all you guys that i havent said hi to in a long time. if that dude gets that kind of money for that boat then mine is gonna have a for sale sign on it soon. my boat is pretty much the same boat and it sounds like he's trying to get every penny he put into back into his pocket. i can't tell you guys how bad i can't wait to get after the ducks. gonna put some new stuff into the boat this year and plan on hunting a ton.

Kurt, we need to get together for a hunt just so i can laugh and tell you some funny stories about your wisconsin brotheren.

if anyone hears that that guys sold his boat i'll take 3k less than that and i'll deliver the boat. shoot, i'll throw in 5 dozen decoys and a lab. see you guys soon.

3. Yumaducknut

Yumaducknut Senior Refuge Member

I have a friend in Phoenix who saw the boat before he listed it on Craigslist. He gave me the phone number so I called the dude. He paid $12,500 for it two years ago. He used it mainly for fishing in Florida. He wants to get rid of the payment (about $147/mos. if I correctly recall) but he doesn't want to lose any money on the deal. To that I say, buy used and depreciation won't eat a hole in your wallet.:dv I think $11,500 is WAY to much and think $6K to 7K is about right. And by the way...yes I'm a cheapskate and proud of it. Even if I had the boat I'd still need money for gas and shells. I guess the guy can't be blamed for trying. By the way, he said it had a weld to in the hull but it was under warranty and fixed.

4. Kurt

Kurt Senior Refuge Member

He may have a tough time getting rid of it out here. I cant imagine many fishermen are going to want a camo boat, and us "thrifty" duck hunters won't budge till its at fire sale pricing.

Will be fun to watch over the next couple months what he does with the price if he continues to offer it for sale.

BTW, is it too early to start scouting yet?!? I'm thinking of getting a different truck this year so when I park by your house to follow you to your "secret hot spot" I won't be recognized!

5. Birdup

Birdup Moderator

Heck no.
    Start scouting now Kurt. That way you can tell me where to hunt for a change.;)

6. Kurt

Kurt Senior Refuge Member

If I remember correctly, last year I did the scouting and provided several people spots for opening day.

7. Birdup

Birdup Moderator

That is correct. Everyone but me.............:dv

8. azfunn

azfunn Senior Refuge Member

:D Yes Kurt, you did. My spot was over 300' of water and I never fired a shot. But, you did provide a good spot. How about looking up another one for me this year.:dv

9. 12ga

12ga Banned

1st of all I am not Daddy Warbucks but I am not cheap either. I believe in keeping the economy flowing. Damn man, don't make fun of somebody for trying to get some of his money back. I don't see where I called any names but you being all knowing must be correct.:clap NO, this is not my boat nor do I know whos it is. Last, I never pretended to be nice and I don't really give a rats *** if anyone likes me or not.:dv This being said, you guys have a good hunting season. I know I will.:tu

10. Humvee

Humvee Senior Refuge Member

I don't think anyone would dare call me cheap (if it ain't top o the line, I don't want it!!!!!!!!).

That being said, $11,500 for a used duck boat? NOT! I'll go buy a new one first and know everything about it.

Thanks to Kurt for the remedial lesson on selling used crap and 12ga for his insightful views.:no

Cripes we need the season to start so you ladies can stop whining!