Who's selling their boat?

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by Birdup, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Birdup

Birdup Moderator

It's about time someone got that right.:dv
    Now if the rest of the world would just take after 12ga the world would be a better place.:tu

2. socalducks

socalducks Senior Refuge Member

Birdup,

you owe Kurt an apology because that spot we shot on opening day was his find. little did i know at the time that it would end up being a spot i'd shoot 15 times last year and wack a bunch of birds out of. unfortunately a couple other guys shot it as well, one was even kind enough to leave reflector tape on trees leading right to it so it got shot up pretty good. Dr. Quack even shot himself a Ross goose there. So i'd like to thank kurt for showing me that spot and would greatly appreciate another. Looks like we need the season to start cause people are getting antsy.

3. azfunn

azfunn Senior Refuge Member

yeeessss

4. Maddog

Maddog Refuge Member

I'm so antsy I can barely get focused on my elk hunt!!!

5. socalducks

socalducks Senior Refuge Member

it's not gonne be good for me. i'm not going to be around for the southern opener so hopefully i can head up for some shooting in the northern section. doing my part to rid wisconsin of some local geese on sept. 7th but also feel obligated to kill some arizona ducks so the golfers have nice courses. man i can't wait. can someone please warn cabelas that i'll be back in town around october 3rd and i'll be riding them of a lot of their waterfowl stuff. please don't tell the wife. see you guys soon

6. Maddog

Maddog Refuge Member

You had better come back sooner (skip any of that "post season" junk) I don't think Cabela's will have anything left once my house refinance goes through!:l

7. Kurt

Kurt Senior Refuge Member

Matt's gonna be my new best friend :) Dick and Kevin are mean :-(

I'll be scouting again this year. I looked at it from the air two weeks ago and its a lot different than last year. We'll need all new spots. Looks like we'll be missing a couple regulars opening weekend though - bummer. We'll have to coordinate a weekend later in the season for everyone to get together!

Can we all just be nice, respectful of each other, and live in harmony wearing rose colored glasses???

Kurt

8. azfunn

Kurt, Kurt, Kurt, I don't have a mean bone in my body. I am EXTRA NICE to fellow duckhunters. But, shooting with rose colored glasses is only for grey, overcast days. And, I like living in Mesa and have no intention to move to Harmony (whereever the heck that is) I truly look forward to shooting in another spot that you scout this year. It's such fun. I had a good time last year sans ducks.

9. daves

daves Senior Refuge Member

Matt,
    The waterfowl section at Cabela's is pretty pathetic; I was less than impressed. Depending on what you are looking for you will probably have to order. I thought it would be a good deal to have Cabela's in town but from what I've seen so far it just means you'll now have to pay tax on your catalog orders. They obviously don't have any waterfowlers working there; just check out the mismatched heads on the Herter's decoys! They should donate all the stuffed animals to a museum and use the space for decoys and blinds! On the other hand maybe it is a good thing they don't carry much; keeps the competition from being too well equipped!:cool:

10. azfunn

I heard that we won't have to pay tax on catalog orders since Cabela's does not have a warehouse in the state. Don't know if this is accurrate but, someone posted it on another board.