Why Atheists Are Wrong About Religion

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Floridaboy, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

2. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

Sooo..it's all about feel-good brainsoothing rather than logic and reason?

How could I be so wrong :rolleyes:

3. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

"Logic" and "reason" are subjective terms.

4. tubshooter

5. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Tub, I've been thinking about reason and logic for the past week or so. If you are up for a discussion, Ill start it with a question. Any of our atheist friends feel free to chime in.

Question: of all the collective knowledge amassed in the history of the world, how much would you estimate that you know? 100 percent? 50 percent? 25 percent? Less than 1 percent?

I assure you that I'm not trying to trap anyone. If you answer honestly I almost guarantee a thought provoking discussion.

6. tubshooter

sorry, but it's a meaningless question.

7. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Really? Sounds like a cop out to me. That's cool if you don't feel like having a discussion.

You always brings up those two terms, "reason", and "logic". I'm just thinking you may not use reason and logic as well as you think you do. That's all.

8. tubshooter

when you ask a serious question that'll be fine. A muddled hypothetical like yours has no answer and serves no purpose.

9. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

I worked with a man that did not have any faith. It took a fews years but God has shown me something about people. There are saved and unsaved people. Who says that the non believers cannot be used to strengthen the believers? You will not make a believer give up faith to believe in nothingness. The bible tells us story's of how godless people have been used to do work for God. Someone had to crucify Jesus. Many go their whole life thinking they have not had a role but they have. It is what the reward of their labor that should be a concern to all Christians. To those that don't believe give Jesus a chance.

10. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Since you seem scared to answer, I'll just make my point.

Its fair to say that any one person possesses less than 1% of the total collective knowledge amassed in the history of the world. It's probably far less than 1% but I'll go with one to keep things simple. We all fall into this category, regardless of age, background, education, mental capacity etc.

We all have different bases of knowledge. Some are the same some are different. For example: You and I both know that 1+1 = 2. However, I can't do something as simple as logging into your personal email as I do not know your password.

Example 2: I don't know what you do for a living, but I'm positive I could not go to work in your place and do your job (without extensive time and training) at the same level and with the same expertise as you, because I do not have the knowledge to do so. On the flip side, you could not go to work in my place and do my job (without some kind of training) at the level and with the same expertise because you lack the knowledge to do so.

Here's my point. Since it is fair to say that any one person possesses less than 1% of the total collective knowledge amassed in history-- it is logical and reasonable to assert that knowledge of Gods existence for the person who has no knowledge of God (the non believer) lies within the 99% that they do not know.

I challenge you to use logic and reason to refute anything outlined above.

I have additional points to make. I'll stop here and wait for a logic and reason based response from you.