Why Did Vegas Shooter Do It?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Tuck31, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

An interesting take from an English think tank. Not sure that I buy it but it has an Eric Holder Fast and Furious feel to it, with a little Ted Kaczynski mixed in--

"Yet despite having gone to enormous lengths to achieve that goal [massive publicity] we are asked to believe this same man never troubled - never took the most elementary steps - to speak to that publicity. Indeed left behind no trace of anything that might demonstrate indicate or even hint at his motive or motives.

That would appear to make very little sense.

We would argue the opposite - that it makes absolute sense.

Because this gentleman did not simply fail to leave behind a motive; He took substantial trouble to ensure that no motive could be found - or attributed to him. All of which can lead us to only one conclusion:

It has been said that 'the medium is the message'.
    In this case that is the literal truth. There is only one plausible motive for what this man did. And here it is:

This man wished to telegraph to America in graphic form the hard irrefutable evidence that guns and gun ownership and the ease of gun purchase in America are an evil and must be controlled. On that hypothesis everything now makes sense. And it must be said his concept has a certain demented genius.

Because even if the public learns and believes that his motive was all about 'guns' the horror of the act itself - an act to protest such acts -
    is in some ways even worse for being plain evidence that there is no limit to the insanity to which guns can be put."

RTWTH here
    https://www.steynonline.com/8162/theory-of-the-case

2. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Soooooo.... because there is no clear motive... here is our "obvious" motive to no motive.

It reminds me of Princess Bride with the poisoned cups.

That is some think tank. Makes my head hurt.

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Is that an oxymoron?

cast&blast and stevena198301 like this.
  4. Tuck31

Not that hard to fathom. It's an old trick.

The Kentucky census work who hanged himself and scrawled "Fed" on his chest to make it look like right wing Tea Party assassination. The media bought it and it turned out to be a hoax.

Eric Holder's Fast and Furious allowed illegal gun sales to show how US guns were behind Mexico/US drug and murder problems

Hoaxes occur daily to manipulate thought, and force action. Politicians do it daily with rhetoric.

What better way to enact gun control than to sacrifice a few lives, using boogeyman weapons with an attachment sure to spark outrage, killing mostly white and likely conservatives at a gun loving country music concert. This makes it personal Republican-leaning folks, who will then be more likely to agree to gun control. It has an evil genius ring to it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  5. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Sorta like manipulation by preaching guilt.

6. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Or maybe this was a conspiracy needed to assure the gun rights voters stay engaged. These various theories, worthless.

7. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

very "life of David Gale" ish to me. Actually makes total sense. But unless this guy had been plotting this for years, and was genius enough to have the forethought to not talk about his hatred of guns, post anything online, talk with close friends about etc. There is just no way that someone could be so devoted to a cause to not be known by those around him that he hated guns.

YL03

stevena198301 likes this.
  8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I'd imagine said person would have to have genius level intelligence and be a sociopath to have the discipline to do that.

How many guns did he buy that were traced back to private sales? Or were all purchased through stores/background checks? I'd say if that were my intent (to become famous for causing gun control measures) I'd have purchased all through private sales, with paperwork left to easily find. Harass the folks I purchased them from as one final FU to them, and put an additional focal point on private sales.

9. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

If that's the "theory" then why not show America how "easy" it is to legally buy guns....

Did he buy his guns using alleged "loopholes" that Liberals alway go to in order to expose them?

Did he buy online without delivery to an FFL? Buy at "Gun Shows"?

10. Tuck31

He did. Look at the arsenal he amassed, and look America how easy it is to make my semi auto shoot full auto, with this little bump stock thingy.

I'm not saying it's true, just that I wouldn't rule it out.