Why didn't we seize those billions in payment for the U.S Embassy in Iran hostage attack?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Sep 9, 2017.

1. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

You made the initial claim that we did not seize Iranian assets after the hostage taking. I did not see any links to support your thesis. I posted many links that will refute that claim. Bring your links that say it didn't happen and we can debate.

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Indeed there is no shortage of tortured rationalization and semantics that seeks to explain/justify dang near anything.

Hey there is a lucrative profession (as in legal) that specializes in mega snow jobs in the name of justifying acts. Sometimes in spite of all the blizzards judgements get made.

When it's all said and done, usual the "best" long term decisions are the ones favoring the home team.

In the long run, it's about winning and losing, so paraphrasing the likely unintended wisdom of WC Fields... "never give a sucker a even break".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Give_a_Sucker_an_Even_Break

3. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Your referenced article:

Op. Cit.

Iran's "frozen" money has begun to thaw.

For years, Iran had tens of billions of dollars worth of funds that were languishing in banks, unable to be used, because of global sanctions.
    That began to change Tuesday, when the head of Iran's central bank announced that the nation had successfully transferred billions worth of assets from banks in South Korea and Japan to banks in Germany and the United Arab Emirates.

The transfers came with the lifting of some sanctions on Iran last week as part the deal Iran struck to place restrictions on its nuclear program.

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

No I didn't.

You responded to a thread title from copied from a response on another thread that was a verbatim quote in response to the $150 billion Iran nuclear "deal". You responded on that thread. So don't say or imply I was referring to other assets.

Even with that no where did I say anything about other assets but by saying "those" I pointed out a verbatim quote of the previously referenced $150 billion nuke deal assets.

5. hobbydog

But then there is that "Rule of Law" thing that republicans like to pride themselves in upholding.

6. API

FIFY

7. hobbydog

I am not quite sure I followed that? I am happy to see you start a new thread, not to hijack the other one but you could be a bit more specific so I don't have to go looking around for what I think I am suppose to be responding to.

8. hobbydog

hobbydog said:
    But then there is that "Rule of Law" thing that some civilizations like to tout themselves in upholding.

True, republicans have stopped insisting on the Rule of Law. I guess it is alway good when it fits your agenda, not so much when it doesn't.

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

You responded on the other thread. I concede I should have made this title clearer.

10. API

Yep, perversion of the Rule of Law is timeless and not a unique condition that just rolled off the turnip truck.

hobbydog likes this.