Why I'm Not A Member Of The NRA

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by Paddler, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Paddler

Paddler Banned

It appears that La Pierre believes so much in the conspiracy theory regarding F&F that the NRA has scored the contempt vote on Holder. This, of course, given they announced their intentions in advance of the vote, was simply attempted coercion. I would not be a party to the witch hunt, and the NRA has once again reinforced my decision to not join their ranks. Thank you, NRA!!!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/06/democrats-defy-the-nra-on-holder-127678.html

2. LA yard dog

LA yard dog Elite Refuge Member

Why would you join the NRA if you don't have any guns?

3. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Shame on any gun owner who is not an NRA member.

4. field-n-feathers

field-n-feathers Elite Refuge Member

As an owner of many guns, I can honestly say that if and when the NRA makes the choice to stop blatantly lying to the american public in advertisements and speeches, I just might reconsider my membership. Until then.....forget it.

I'm sure the gun manufacturers love it though. The NRA's spin and lies has most certainly increased gun sales. Smith & Wesson's stock, for example, is up around 60% over the last year. Not to mention the run up on ammunition sales.

5. Paddler

Paddler Banned

I agree. The NRA was once a great organization. I remember buying my first gun, a Remington Model 34 rifle, a bolt action, tube feed .22, made during the Depression, from the local NRA rep. That was in about 1967, and I still have that gun. The representative was an old guy named Mr. Hendrickson, his garage was filled with clay targets, ammo, etc. His job was to teach safety and advocate for the shooting sports. I still have the gun, it still shoots straight, while the NRA has gone off the rails. Unfortunately, it now is corrupt, a source of misinformation that foments paranoia. It's sad, really, but I cannot support an organization that pays it's CEO an exhorbitant salary to propagate lies.

I own a few guns, and am a strong supporter of not only the Second Amendment, but conservation through DU, Delta, etc. The NRA is just bizarre, and I cannot see myself supporting it as it now functions.

6. okie drake

I find plenty to gripe about with the NRA.

Still, I find not being a member of the only significant gun rights organization in this country to be simply egregious.

Common sense Heller regards.....

7. Paddler

Paddler Banned

Not a fan of blind allegiance. The NRA does not reflect my values or act with integrity. But then I'm not a member of the AMA, either. Maybe I'm just not much of a joiner. But I take particular issue with the NRA, which exploits the sentiments you express to extract money and pursue their so-far-out-in-right-field-it-ain't-funny agenda. I'm proudly not a member of a once-great but now-perverted organization.

8. okie drake

Nor am I, not hardly.

Also not a fan of blindness.

Furthermore, I find your views perverted and the NRA's merely flawed at times in comparison.

Condemning blind allegiance from the poster who has offered more blind allegiance to this administration (often while berating such related to Bush, correctly so) than anyone. Typical.

9. Paddler

Paddler Banned

Yep, I paid $25 for that first gun. Owned it now for 45 years. Always will, unless I decide to sell it. With or without the NRA.

10. onionhead

onionhead Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

amen.