Why I'm Not A Member Of The NRA

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by Paddler, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Paddler

Paddler Banned

Here's another reason I don't belong to the NRA, and neither should you. The Senate today voted on the campaign disclosure bill, which would require disclosure of those who donate more than $10,000. The Senate Republicans filibustered the bill, and the NRA said they will be scoring the vote. Those who supported transparency in political campaigns will lose support from the NRA.:

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/07/nra-threatens-senators-supporting-financial-disclosure/

Just on how many levels is this wrong? Is transparency in political campaigns a 2nd Amendment issue? Is campaign transparency a bad thing? Is it improper for the NRA to weigh in on the issue of campaign transparency? How the heck can ANYBODY support the NRA?

2. Native Arkie

Native Arkie Elite Refuge Member

And we have all been asking the same thing about supporting Nobama. How can any rational person support him? :l

3. Paddler

Paddler Banned

And by "we" you're referring to all the Right Wing zealots with their heads up where the sun don't shine.

4. Native Arkie

Native Arkie Elite Refuge Member

And there goes the liberal montra........when you can't defend the indefensible, attack with name calling. Wouldn't expect anything different from you or your ilk. Typical. Like always, free entertainment for us.

5. randy marci

randy marci Elite Refuge Member

UH, Yeah. I do. It started last night when the dems hitchiked the bill to ban anything that holds more than ten bullets on to the cyber security bill. He ain't gonna wait for the second term. He's put his minions to work now. No use letting a crisis go to waste I guess. Especially since he isn't banking on that second term.....:cool:

6. Paddler

Paddler Banned

Full of crap once again, Randy. Back to the PAF for you.:tu

7. randy marci

randy marci Elite Refuge Member

ah yes...time to be dismissed by the great and powerful paddler....but wait, there's more. full of crap? you be the judge. tick-tock-tick-tock....times running short paddler. you guys better pass all you can before the republicans take control of everything in November.:yes

http://thehill.com/video/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure

8. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Thanks randy marci for creating a wonderful opportunity for exploration.

How about some conspiracy speculation...

Could it be that James Holmes is actually functioning as an agent for the Obama organization to create civil confusion and dissonance so that brother Barack can ride in on a white stallion and save us all from peril?

Since this is your thread Paddler... Your assignment is to rebut the above thesis without simply dismissing the notion as absurd. No demeaning verbiage is allowed. Show some credible evidence that such a scenario is not the case that's playing out. Tick tock tick tock...

9. Paddler

Paddler Banned

Sorry, API, I don't accept assignments. Also, your suggestion that the Obama administration was involved in any way in the Aurora tragedy is offensive. You may speculate all you like, but I humbly request that you post your drivel over on the PAF. That sort of talk isn't welcome here. This is the place for the exchange of ideas and gentlemanly disagreements. BS like your post don't belong here, or anywhere, for that matter. You really should be ashamed.

10. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

Just that a nut case like paddler is so worked up over the NRA got me to give an extra $100 this time re-upping. Keep fighting the special ed fight paddler!