Why is justice dept investigating the shooting

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by cahunter, Mar 22, 2012.

1. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Retired LE offering the 'walking away when he was jammed up'. That was a good one.:l:l:l

2. jaeger19

jaeger19 Elite Refuge Member

I am not changing my tune... I was specifically addressing the nature of scalp wounds and how they bleed. and that it doesn't take much to cause one..
    FOR EXAMPLE, a slip and fall on a rough surface such as concrete...

I was not trying to say thats what occured with Zimmerman. All my intentions were was to give medical insight based on my experience with scalp injuries...because you were commenting on the nature of the wound and how much "bashing" it would take to cause such injury.

With scalp injuries, it doesn't take much to get them to be copius bleeders. and since the scalp is stretched tight its relatively easy to open up,

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Okay, as long as we are mutually in the speculation mode... Should the prosecution attempt to present this possibility, I would expect the defense to object and ask the judge to disallow such testimony.

4. jaeger19

jaeger19 Elite Refuge Member

I doubt the defense would object, they would only be overuled having no grounds to object..

On cross, the defense would ask the doctor if a scalp laceration could be due to being punched in the face and the back of your head hitting the ground.

Of course the answer would be yes and the defense(if smart) would not allow him to expound.

5. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Well, his medical records for the incident have come out in court now. They include 'nose fracture, a pair of black eyes, and two cuts on his scalp'.:nutz

6. NOVAggie

NOVAggie Elite Refuge Member

He could have gotten those injuries when he fell out of his truck to chase and hunt down Trayvon:doh

7. okie drake

8. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Moments after the shooting Zimmerman told eyewitnesses he shot Martin in self defense. He later told officers his head was being pounded into the pavement and that he feared for his life, but that it was only when Martin seemed to reach for the gun wedges in his waistband that Zimmerman drew his weapon and fired directly into Martin's chest -- killing him.

Interesting - if it can be corroborated that Martin was on top of Zimmerman pinning him down - it's good old self defense.

Zimmerman was not able to retreat w/ Martin on top of him - which is what had to be proved (not being able to retreat) before Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground was passed in FL.

9. okie drake

10. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager