Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Why not more Deadlies

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by marshmob, May 31, 2017.

1. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Juvie,

Right now we only run them in permanent spreads. I will be adding a single nylon tube to 10 doz of them and making wide ring bases to see how the work out in the fall in Sask.

We store all of our FBs in 12 slot bags so will these foamers. We firmly believe that bright white clean decoys are better so our FBS are never piled up or thrown around

2. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Would be interested in hearing how that works for you!

KID CREOLE likes this.
  3. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

4. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

Like others have said, I'd say the weight is the biggest factor on the Deadly's unless you get fiberglass stakes for them. If you run headed Deadies, they do take up more room. The headless take up alittle more room then other sock brands but I do like the circle on top of them that is easy to hold when sticking in the ground and picking up the decoys.

My main brands now that I've hunted over are Deadly, Silosocks, Whiterock and Dakota's and added some SkyFly's to the mix after the season was done this year. I generally try to not break the decoys down to save time when setting the spread so my bags haul less then normal.

All these brands are a benefit to the snow goose hunter thats for sure to see which ones fit best for your hunting needs.

870 likes this.
  5. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

because i have not found a down side to running sillosocks that other similar type decoys don't also have.

6. 870

870 Senior Refuge Member

Exactly,,,

We are big fans of the ringed deadly stakes,,, easier to deploy into hard ground and very easy to pick up with virtually no stoop labour involved compared to silosocks.

Normally we get to drive into the field, so the weight isn't an issue,,, but this spring driving in was totally out the question and we certainly did notice the weight then compared to our Sillosocks and slammers with fiberglass stakes.

7. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

We've been lucky and the last few years have been dry so we can drive the fields. I've started with purchasing his fiberglass stakes so that helps a lot on his headless models. Like others have said though, the looped stakes are fast to set out and pick up!

8. Derek.white03

Derek.white03 New Member

IMG_1881.PNG Well see what this does to the price. Hopefully it'll help me get more.

9. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

$60 for headless, I priced a 100 dozen and I believe he was under 50 bucks a dozen. Great pricing on what I feel are the best sock decoys on the market!

10. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Good pricing for sure! Deadly going against the grain of the typical raise your prices ever year trend is great.