Why on God's green earth do we always want another call?

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

I haven't bought a new call in yearsssss, but all I have to do is try a few new calls, and something will start to appeal to me.

Nevermind, that I don't have room for it on a lanyard anyway....

Dagnabbit!!!

2. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

New lanyards can be made for pennies on the dollar.....not that you needed an excuse or anything.

3. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Speaking only for my own sorry self, I don't get to hunt the mythical "X" where limits are the rule and am still unable to toll everything I believe can hear me, or might be made to hear me. So I'm still trying to up my game by auditioning a new or revised.call or two each season. Been doing that for years and still occasionally find a more useful tool than what I'd been using.

callinfowl likes this.
  4. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

"It's a disease........" A friend asked me how many calls I have & I told him "oh about a hundred!" I thought he was gonna ****! I have 15 RNT acrylics and 5 wood (Original African Bllackwood) with and w/o stickers (year 2000 on), but I have a heck alot calls like DC's, Faulk bamboo, old Yentzen's, stuff like that- I have a supposed to be old (his Grandfather had pre WWII) metal reed call w/no marking what's so ever.

5. gone goosin

gone goosin Elite Refuge Member

Not sure. Used to be like that but then I realized I went to the same calls to kill fowl. . My old Bay Country Shore Things for geese and my Allan Stanley or Black Timber for ducks. I also use a delrin Eastern Shoreman at times. All I need, probably not all I "want".

6. stumpjumper0531

stumpjumper0531 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Cause de be purdy

Stump

cupnglide and OneShotBandit like this.
  7. aecrowell

aecrowell Senior Refuge Member

Because we can.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  8. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I had quit for a while, then started back up recently. Only exception had been on speck calls.

9. Barnyard drake

Barnyard drake Senior Refuge Member

It's like Jimmy Buffet said "some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way".
    I've got "a few" and a story with every one of them. Not enough to fill a car trunk, but more than enough to fill a couple of duffel bags. I like to think about where that call's been and where it's going, God willing.

10. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

BD, don't be getting all philosophical on us. we be waterfowlers and have no other function......:D :cool: