Why people back Trump

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by slimm21, Oct 19, 2016.

1. slimm21

slimm21 Elite Refuge Member

2. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

FYI - That's not adult language.

Are you suggesting that those who support Mrs. Clinton have not lost their minds?

3. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

People back TheDonald because Hillbillary sucks. TheDonald is the lesser of two evils.

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Liked the article. But the comments... Jeez. One person actually said "Everyone should move from the country to the city, everyone is urbanizing."... WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot?!? Do these folks actually understand real life, or do they really live in their own tiny bubble? Do they even understand where food comes from?

Another great comment was one regarding another article where the author had said something about white folks (he states that for millennia we were arbitrarily telling 80 or 90 percent of our talented people that they had to sweep floors or dig ditches, purely because they weren't also born white male heterosexual Christians). The commenter goes on to talk about how historically, this is inaccurate, as white folks haven't been in charge for millennia... The follow-on comments are epic feats of mental gymnastics that I truly couldn't understand... They were defending it, saying the author "really didn't mean white male heterosexual Christians". So like, when the author said "white male heterosexual Christians", that's not what he meant? Sadly, the guy who called him out looks like he gets bashed quite often on there for interjecting with truth and factual history.

Anywho... seeing the comments of the supporters of that website, I have to say, those are some weird liberals. Really weird........ Makes me wonder about the website.

5. slimm21

I would never advise one to read the comments of any national article, it will lead you to believe that the World is ending. Some really dumb people out there. :l

6. slimm21

Take Clinton/Trump out of it and he is telling you why people not in the city vote Republican. You don't have to like the answers, but what he says makes sense I think.

7. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Didn't read it, huh?
    That would NEVER happen here.
    Evidently.
    You should have quit while you were ahead. That article does a pretty good job of explaining the true Trump believers. It does NOT explain most of the people choking on their own vomit while casting a vote for him. It also does NOT do a very good job explaining why "people not in the city vote Republican." People who don't think like you are not all alike and do not fit in nice clean little boxes like the author and you seem to believe. What a myopic view of the world.

8. slimm21

Hmm, well clearly I've struck a nerve. I probably did cast too broad a brush, that I would admit. I do think it explains quite a few of those people choking on their vomit voting for him, on that point we will disagree.

This is the first time I'm not voting for a R presidential candidate and I'm voting against 1 of our R Senators. The GOP has had a tactical shift harder to the right and I'm not following along with some of it anymore. My county/city will still vote Red and I see a lot of what is in the article here. Older, less educated demographic that wants things to be like they were 30 40 years ago and doesn't like "change"

I'm not saying either is good or bad, right or wrong, just different in their way of thinking.

9. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Of course you struck a nerve. He lumped you, me and a lot of other R voters into the same nice little idiot-filled box.
    Likewise, but based on your religious and social leanings, I expect our reasons vary.
    The "tactical shift to the right" is more of a refusal to follow along as the democrats moved hard left on social issues. R's didn't shift right so much as dig in their heels at the request of their electorate. You may not like it but it is true.

OneShotBandit, snipe n and API like this.
  10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Never-Ever... :l

The_Duck_Master likes this.