Why people back Trump

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by slimm21, Oct 19, 2016.

1. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

According to the republicans (senate) recent comments, it matters little because they will simply hold up any nomination that they don't like. It is an interesting play and certain one that could backfire in future elections. If Clinton wins and the republicans hold onto the Senate, they next Senate elections will be extremely interesting because presidential nominations for the SC will no longer have any significance unless they have a political alignment with the Senate. Even if Trump gets elected, he might try to "stick it to the Senate republicans" by making nominations that they won't approve.

I think SC justice Thomas articulated this situation extremely well about Washington in his speech yesterday. It is broken and it is broken because of BOTH sides of the aisle. I find funny how some of Trump supporters now speak of a possible revolution. Yet, if liberals spoke of such, the conservatives would be all crazed over such thoughts or comments. Conservatives are no better then liberals, and liberals are no better then conservatives. Both are in essence a bunch of broken people, who have lost sight of the process and frankly the intent of the founding fathers. I can only imagine that there were some, at that time, that didn't fully agree with the founding fathers, but yet somehow this nation progressed. I was speaking yesterday with a gentleman from South Africa and he laughed at how Americans suggest that American isn't great any more. He commented that those in poverty in this country would still rank in the top 1% of all people world wide. He suggested that if that isn't great, then people must have a perspective that itself is somewhat broken.

2. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

You make some great points about our standing world wide Eel :clap

Americans in general don't understand how fortunate they are to have been born inside these borders. However, it is our job as citizens to make sure this country stays as great (free) as possible.

API likes this.
  3. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

I again agree to an extent. Trump could "stick it " to the Senate, Hillary will and that will cause the Rep loss of the Senate in the mid-terms. Personally, I don't think Trump will pull a stunt when it comes to the SC because I beleive he knows that is one of the biggest risks to our freedoms. It is the one thing he has been constant on during his run except for the use of "great" and "yuge". Anything else, I'm not quite as confident on...

4. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

The forced change I refer to:

Education: Broken, more about feels, we need engineers, doctors, people who can program, run and repair automated machinery, not 5,000,000 graphic artist.

Immigration: Allow people who can fill needs at present we cannot fill, we don't need truck drivers, lawn care, home construction and corner store operators, we owe nothing to war refugees, they created their hell, let them clean it up and the same goes for our southern border.
    L.A. county pays a criminal amount of welfare to illegals, you know the ones who have anchor baby after baby all on our dime with no baby daddy around because he is out undercutting American wages and all the while getting housing, health and great eats all off the backs of us and voting for democrats. Makes one wonder why the law abiding Americans find it harder and harder to afford to have children while pay so much for the refugees of the world to have it free here.

obama: A crime against America and theft of wealth from those who actually work.
    care

The founding fathers got it right, America is a republic and not the nightmare of a democracy (mob rule) the problem is one party that at this point is only a little more useless than the other thinks we are a democracy and we should be ruled that way and that is some of the forced change I speak of.

I will say you got the apathy part right, you forgot ignorance also, they know what time american idol comes on but cannot tell you who their own congressman is.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I'm trying to imagine a job market environment with a ligitimate carrying capacity for 5 million graphic artists. Such work may feel good to perform, but seems like a recipe for being un/under employed to me.

6. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

Just laughingly overstating a number as to point out the number of useless degrees that our young have been convinced to get with no hope of getting a meaningful job and or pay off any loans they may have taken to receive it while the colleges get richer along with the banks.

7. API

Interesting point. :tu

Even back in the ancient times when I was in college, the fact that a liberal arts degree did not support many lucrative paths to employment was clear. Those still promoting the feel good curriculum sure seem to be over selling the value.

Ya wonder, who's gonna support those under prepared ones in their dotage when too many of the oldsters are just like them.

Ya think all the ones who busted their chops up front to become self sufficient will be there with a hand out?

8. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

I'm good with the republic comment, but who then decides what the republic's rules are. You seem to suggest that it would be conservatives, but why would that be as opposed to liberals?

9. API

How about a core level Constitution that allows unprohibited things to be decided by the several states based upon their individual values and circumstances?

Damian Wiening likes this.
  10. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Eel, you brought up some valid points. I was talking with my father last night, and his problem with R's and D's is that they are both of the same mindset: punish our enemies, and reward our friends. Government is either the Big Brother to watch over the People We Don't Like or the Rich Uncle to hand out gifts. Different angles, same basic philosophy. Our team wins, we take the "spoils" and punish the losers. Trump punishes the Mexicans/Muslims/whatever, Hillary the "rich"/deplorables/whatever.... either one will get a 47.xx vote percentage and claim a mandate that they were "right".

And none of that has anything to do with the original intent, which was to limit government and NOT make it available to punish or reward, but to stay out of the way of individual liberty and help foster it. The Constitution isn't broken, it doesn't need to be altered...it works fine if you stay within the framework that it was meant to establish.

But despite the failings of the last two Administrations (at least), people just keep voting to go further down the rabbit hole...

Is there legitimately ANY candidate who could begin to fix the issues? I'm thinking at this point it will have to be a wholesale change in We that produces a candidate.

stevena198301, Ducker 4 Ever and API like this.