Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Wide Mouth Decoy Bags

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Pot Hole, Oct 13, 2016.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-AMERICAN-CAMO-30x40-CANVAS-LAUNDRY-BAG-STRAP-USA-MADE-/280762225719

2. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

First let me say decoy bags are the biggest rip off for wsterfowlers. I can't believe guys will spend more on bags than the dozen(or 2) decoys they are carrying. I Texas rig my decoys and throw them in cheap mesh decoy bags that were on sale for $8 each. The key is to throw the decoys into the bag 1 at a time and not gather all the lines together and put them in the bag that way. Get to your spot and empty the bag all at once and throw the decoys where you want, no tangled lines.

3. Bottomland hunter

Bottomland hunter Senior Refuge Member

Then the weights would slowly drift out and become a leg slapper . Wouldn't they ?

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Would they?

5. Swuebber

Swuebber Refuge Member

Today, when decoys are new they’re beautifully painted. Carrying over the shoulder on Texas rigs beats them up and is noises. When walking in I like the dekes in a wide mouth backpack style. Some days I walk a mile to get to the birds. Hunting in 0 degree weather, I don’t want to delay picking up that occurs when I had to put one decoy at a time in its bag.
    When running the jet boat I still like to protect the birds and use a wide mouth bag with carrying straps like Rig em Rights tanker XL.
    I just bought a final approach backpack and think it rides too low and bangs against my legs. It’s opening is a bit smaller then another I looked at but it was on sale.

6. lovetohunt

lovetohunt New Member

I have been using these for decoys in the boat. For the price they are pretty dang nice. I can get at least 2 dozen ducks in them with room to spare. They have a band on the mouth that keeps them open.

Attached Files:

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

8. fiftyincher

fiftyincher Senior Refuge Member

Put the lawn/leaf bag inside a decoy bag?

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

2.5 year old decoy bag thread resurrection?!?

I like the big decoy backpack I got from Academy. Holds a lot of dekes, has nice shoulder straps (not like the ones that cut bad into your shoulders), has a belly strap to put more weight off your shoulders (I have a titanium plate in my collar bone that shoulder straps wreak havoc on), and has straps on the back to attach a marsh seat or your shotgun to, if your shotgun strap breaks during your walk in. That happened to me in IL a few weekends ago.