Winchester SX3 vs SX4

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by whlgun, Feb 10, 2017.

1. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Refuge Member

I own the Super X2 and Super X3. Both guns are very reliable if you keep them clean. Neither model can go as long without cleaning and function properly as my Beretta Xtrema2 or my Remington Versamax. However I really like the feel of the Super X3, in fact I like it so much I picked up another one on closeout since they are discontinuing the Super X3. I'm sure the X4 is fine, it's less expensive. You get what you pay for. My vote would be for the X3. A lot of places have been selling them for very good closeout prices lately. Good luck in whatever you choose!

2. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Was looking at the new SX4 today. I have an SX3 20 and really like it. Couple of thoughts.
    1. If you are shooting 3 1/2" shells then why in the heck are you using a light gun? And then complain about the recoil.....duh.
    2. When the SX3 came out it was a good price drop from the SX2. Winchester got smart and figured out that instead of jacking the prices up higher like most other gun makers that they could lower the price, sell more guns, and increase overall profits. Looks like they have continued that reasoning going from the SX3 to the SX4. Smart move in my book.

3. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Does the SX4 have a higher rib on the barrel than an SX3?

4. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

It doesn't appear to be---seems the same to me.

Ringbill