Winchester SX4.

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Geeb, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Geeb

Geeb Senior Refuge Member

Anyone have one. If so what are your opinions so far.

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

3. sleeping_dogs

sleeping_dogs Senior Refuge Member

Wow....sounds like it's a real POJ.

4. Stealyourface

Stealyourface Refuge Member

I love mine. It's light and fits great. I really like the shorter stock and the safety. It's just a gun that feels good to me and I've been shooting it pretty well. I've only run a few hundred shells through it, so far, without any problems. We'll see how it does through duck season. I expect it will be fine.

Ringbill and Hugatree like this.
  5. Stealyourface

Stealyourface Refuge Member

In regards to that review, the bolt on my gun is certainly not sluggish, and I've had absolutely zero misfeeds. It does have a plastic trigger guard, but I couldn't care less about that. Other than that, I'm really not sure why someone would consider this a downgrade from the SX3 when by their own admission it is practically the same gun. If stuff like that bothers you, maybe check out a maxis.

6. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Wish they,d hurry up and introduce the 20 guage SX4. I,ve been wanting a deal on the SX3 20. Might happen if they,d introduce the SX4 in 20.

Drake91 likes this.
  7. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Wakeman is probably one of the biggest frauds in the industry. He reviews are based on who is paying him that month.

His comments of Invector+ chokes and Brownings and Winchesters patterning terrible are the exact opposite of what most everyone else finds.

His review of the Rem V3 is a joke as well. This gun is known to spit powder in your eyes yet he ignores it.

8. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

Wakeman cracks me up. His attitude on camera is complete opposite of his write up on the gun. He posts a lot on shotgunworld.com. Everybody loves a keyboard bully but i enjoy his sour personality

9. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

your right on the powder in the eye deal mine does it wonder if the fixed that ???????

10. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

weather stripping inside the bottom of the forearm where its meets the receiver. I tried that on my friends and it works great,

cam likes this.