Winchester SX4.

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Geeb, Aug 18, 2017.

1. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

This is what happened when he laced into the wrong guy over on SW:

Was conveyed to me by a firearms and component manufacturer (not a sponsor on this site) as allegedly told to him by the Benelli reps at the SHOT show ~12 years back. He was inquiring about the steps they took to alleviate a problematic issue in their S/A's for which he had previously patented a sucessful aftermarket component. This was later echoed by one of the largest Benelli dealers in the state, implying it was due to keeping up with production demands for the product (at that time) rather than any subversive motives.

FWIW, Being as I own Benelli(s) and Beretta(s), emailed Beretta several years ago regarding this question, no reply to-date.

Congratulations!
    You're as good at fake news as anyone. Yuchi (apparently a fraudulent, deceptive, dishonest, and incomplete name) claims to have heard low-end gossip from an anonymous firearms and component manufacturer 12 years ago that he (or she) claims "they heard" from anonymous reps.

I hear that "Yuchi" is actually a cover for "Yuri" and that you are actually clumsily colluding with the Kremlin in order to treasonously disrupt the Benelli forum. Perhaps Beretta didn't answer your e-mail because your nefarious, heinous Kremlin connections were a bit too obvious to them? CNN sounds like they feel that you are a vile, demonic threat to our democracy. Goodbye, Yuri.

http://randywakeman.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yuchi

Post subject: Re: Heads Up on the New SBE3

[​IMG]Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Field Grade

I'd heard you were rather thin skinned but your latest diatribe makes for compelling evidence it's gone extreme. Hopefully, there's a 12-step program for addressing those with Internet anger management and/or self-esteem issues.

BTW, the Yuchi's are a NA tribe long renowned for taking the feathers of arrogant, self-absorbed Internet peacocks. You should be relieved that billing currently doesn't match up however, you're showing steady progress in attaining that level.

The tribal elders are considering endowing you with the First Nations title of Walking Eagle which is council designation for a bird so full of BS, it can no longer fly.

Given your 2014 missive wherein all things Beretta/Benelli were duly blistered, am surprised you'd even show up on this sub-forum lest it tarnish your stellar reputation for forthrightness. Oh well, looks like anyone can go slumming these days.

To be clear, I have garnered some gems of wisdom from your publications over the years, as long as there's enough Tennessee sour mash available to ameliorate wading through your proclivity for bloviation.

Seaark18 likes this.
  2. Stealyourface

Stealyourface Refuge Member

So, something I've noticed about the finish after hunting it a few times, you need to wipe it down with rem oil after every hunt. I usually have just wipe one down if it has gotten wet or if I am cleaning it, so I didn't think much about it after the opening day dove hunt. It was bone dry that day. I pulled it out the next morning and there was some surface rust on the barrel from my sweat the previous day. A couple of wipes with a rem oil wipe and it's good as new. It's probably not an issue with a camo finish, but mine is black. It's not that big an issue. I'll just have to remember to take better care of my gun.

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Your really on a roll with him my friend. I wouldn't sweat it there's plenty of outdoor writers who are basically cut from the same cloth out there these days. Remember they make their living from saying nice things about manufacturers products even if they think they are the biggest POS ever made. :yes

Tuleman and Ringbill like this.
  4. Chris Daniels

Chris Daniels Refuge Member

I've shot both the SX3 and the SX4, personally I prefer the SX3. I noticed a bit more felt recoil with waterfowl loads and overall it just feels like cheap plastic. The SX3 is a proven reliable machine and I expect the SX4 do be the same.

5. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

I have 2 12 ga SX3s, and I like how they shoot. But I like my Franchi Intensity even better ...... easier to clean, I notice no more recoil with it even on 3/5" shells, points nice. And it has a 7 year warranty. I have a problem with one of my SX3s that my local gunsmith can't fix, so I will have to send it in to an approved Winchester repair center. And it sucks because Winchester has NO warranty on their SXs:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/suppo...-on-winchester-brand-rifles-and-shotguns.html

6. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Winchester has no written warranty on their SX3. They do take care of any problem, at no cost to the original purchaser, if it's been determined that it is a "parts or workmanship" issue. Most gun manufacturers operate this way.

10GAGENUT and Seaark18 like this.
  7. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

I suffer from really dry eyes and sensitive airborne particles. I have no powder in the eyes issues with my V3.

8. pintail_drake2004

pintail_drake2004 New Member

My sx3 had a broken disconnector and after dealing with Winchester customer service, I'll never buy a Winchester again. The gun would not function without this $5 part. But Winchester does not send this part to gunsmiths for repair, the gun has to be sent into their shop. As per the instructions of the service department, I sent it to the Missouri service shop. Upon arrival they told me that my shotgun was in such poor condition that it needed $300 for the repairs. I went up the chain of command with managers at even called the Utah head manager. When I asked for pictures of said damages they told me on the phone that they are not going to mess around with that either I want my gun fixed or not. They told me my options were either pay the price and get to working shotgun or don't pay it and will send you back a shotgun that is not functioning. I have two of the sx3 that were bought on the same day. They were used in the exact same conditions. I dismantled the other one and there is hardly any damage that Winchester claimed there to be on the gun that was sent in. The gun was well taken care of, and the kicker was not sx3 shotguns have only had about 8 cases of shells through them since 2013! You can't tell me a gun that has hardly been used he's going to deteriorate so quickly. Must be the inferior parts.
    I'll stay away from Winchester from now on.

9. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

If you ever been to the Browning/Winchester service center I don't think you would question them wanting to do more work on your gun. Those guys are so busy they don't have time for repairs that aren't necessary, I usually go and pick up parts myself and do my own repairs since turn around time isn't that great. I've been dealing with them for years and I don't ever feel they tried to rip me off.

Ringbill likes this.
  10. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

They take care of any problem until they don't. Without a written warranty that could be in 10 years, 10 days or 10 seconds.

$300 in repairs for a $900 gun is not a warranty.

Ringbill likes this.