Winchester SX4.

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Geeb, Aug 18, 2017.

1. drk9988

drk9988 Senior Refuge Member

I own a couple Sx3 and a new 26" 3 inch Sx4.. So far I like the way it shoulders and the small things they have changed I have really felt good about.. On both of the SX3s I had to drop and cast the guns to get the sight picture just right but the SX4 is right there.. The sounds I hear and the feeling I get when it's cycling is exactly the same as the SX3. I have only shot clay birds with the 4 so far but all seems good even with light loads.. I have had one of my SX3's for 8 or more years every time have have had any slight issues Browning/Winchester has either sent me parts for free no questions asked or had me send the gun in and gone over the top for free to fix it. My only complaint is the black shadow model sx3 I have seems to rust if you even breath on it.. All in all I would not hesitate to buy either gun.. I think I got my 3 inch model SX4 for like less then 650$ when it was all said and done. Tax...ffl fees...rebates and all maybe even less. I have no interest at looking at any other makes or models

Ringbill likes this.
  2. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I've been shooting ducks up here in MINNIE, these past 17 days. This gun seems A-OK to me.
    I really like the bigger trigger guard & safety.

Ringbill

3. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

As a follow-up to this, I am very happy with Winchester's service. I took my SX3 to Cabelas (where I bought it), and they packaged the gun and sent it to Winchester. I had it back fixed in less than 4 weeks, and Winchester didn't charge anything. Neither did Cabelas for their packaging and shipping. :)

4. Ringbill

I've been shooting ducks with my SX4 over the last 6 weeks. Works great .

Ringbill

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

The mental picture I get from this is disturbing.

Ringbill likes this.
  6. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Someone changed "banging" to "shooting".

Seaark18 likes this.
  7. Ringbill

I banged out a limit of bluebills & buffies here this morning. Lots of cold & snow up here makes banging those ducks even more important-----love that warm gun barrel !

Ringbill

Seaark18 likes this.