Winter project bow face lift......

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Layout101, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

This year with the long winter I had cabin fever BAD!
    Ended up giving my bow a facelift mostly just upgrading it's accessories. I bought a new Bear "Hunter Package" last summer that was pretty much ready to go.
    Wasn't sure how I would like the bow but it really performed well and I enjoyed shooting and hunting with it. So I decided to put a little money in it this year and get it exactly the way I wanted it set up.

First I replaced the factory string with a red&black Pro Line, then the rest with a Rip Cord. Switched out the sight with a three pin lighted micro sight from Trophy Ridge.
    Looked at quite a few different stabilizers and settled with a camo Apex and red/black wrist strap. Threw on a couple split limb dampeners just in case too.
    Had it tuned and laser lined, also bought a new lighted five arrow quick detach quiver for it.

Shooting Gold Tip velocity 400 fletched with red/white blazer vanes out of it.

It is quiet and fast...and I can actually hit about whatever I'm aiming at too.
    I am really looking forward to hunting season but have been having more fun shooting it than I thought possible.

This is how it turned out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Looks good.

My son and I have been shooting Bears for several years. Good bows. I need to replace strings this year and would like to add a different quiver. Upgraded rest and site a few years ago.

3. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

Couple more pics for the heck of it!
    I know it's not a high end uber expensive bow..but it's the first one I have bought brand new and really put together the way I liked.

Still can't get over how well it shoots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Refuge Member

Nice bow. Noticed you didn't use the rubber arrow holder on your rip cord.is that becouse you were having clearance issues. I'm thinking of talking mine off and putting some felt tape on the shelf.

5. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Nice looking bow. Is it quiet?