With doom to the CA hunter on the horizon...

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by SpoonySmacker, Dec 30, 2017.

1. SpoonySmacker

SpoonySmacker Senior Refuge Member

With the upcoming Gov election and all of the CA libtard nonsense moving out of state is becoming more and more of an option on the table. So if you had 3 states you’d move to which would they be and why?

Mine are:
    1) Texas; tons of hunting opportunity available but it is mostly private so you have to pay your way in for the most part. But hey, we do that already. And I’ve heard there is decent public land opportunities if you’re willling to scout and put the time in. Overall, not as expensive either. Here’s mine:

2) Colorado; another beautiful state with plenty of opportunity for hunting and fishing. A little colder than Texas in parts but that’s ok. Not as expensive either as long as you move away from Denver a bit. Still cheaper than CA.

3) Oregon: Good hunting with the right weather just like here. Salmon/Steelhead fishing off the hook. Closer to go hunt Canada or out east to Montana/Wyoming. Still cheaper than CA. I like no sales tax either.

2. CADUCKWHACKER

CADUCKWHACKER Senior Refuge Member

For me as I get closer to retirement and am feeling like more of an outcast in California every day Idaho and Montana are looking very promising to me texas too hot , Oregon to liberal, Colorado is a possibility.
    Just my 2 cents
    But then in Texas you can own a full auto and shoot pigs with it from a helicopter....... something to consider

SpoonySmacker and freefall like this.
  3. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Senior Refuge Member

We will be in Idaho in 1.5 years. I was up to CDA, the last 2 Thanksgivings, looking over the Panhandle. It's not if but when. I cab sell here in Nor Cal and pay cash for a home with an acre or 2...wife is 42, she will continue to work...I just began to draw my retirement. However, an idle man is a dead man. I will work part time and fish and hunt the other half.

I thought Texas a few years, I have friends there...but the wife said it was too hot. We spoke Arizona, but it's too close to the border. Oregon has too many Nuts and Fruits from CA., and Washington is not much different anymore....except the east sides. So Idaho it is.

SpoonySmacker and freefall like this.
  4. Brushbeater

Brushbeater Senior Refuge Member

Hahahah.... Texas is the only option on your list personally. Colorado and Oregon are just an extension of California and in many ways they are the same.... you can take an average conservative from California and that person is a moderate liberal in another state. That's why people who live out of California aren't big fans of Californians.

Call'em N and SpoonySmacker like this.
  5. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Why is it that all the people move from California and turn where they move into a blue liberal state?

6. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

I'd like either Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah or Nevada. I need sage hen and mule deer...

CADUCKWHACKER and freefall like this.
  7. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Fixed it.

8. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Idaho or Montana.

9. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Call me a spot burner but Utah is friggin awesome. A well kept secret.

Winchester 1897 likes this.
  10. Tex11B

Tex11B Senior Refuge Member

I was born and raised in Texas but the wife is from Kansas and we will most likely retire there instead of Texas. Plus the deer in Kansas are bigger and cheaper to hunt plus waterfowl hunting is better in the Midwest. Its only a 8 hour trip from Kansas to my parents house in Texas.

The problem is alot of the larger cities are becoming filled with more and more leftist people who left oregon and California