With doom to the CA hunter on the horizon...

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by SpoonySmacker, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Ducks Bucks&Bulls

Ducks Bucks&Bulls Senior Refuge Member

2. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Yes they make it a little tougher to be a sportsmans in CA, but I'll make the best of it till I retire in a dozen years or so and decide where we want to live. We went in and had breakfast, decided to go by Kittles, still had ammo at decent prices, decided to go check out SOS but they closed for holiday, dropped over to Union Lumber, still had some shells if someone needed them.

Was in Wyoming about a month ago, housing prices are rising due to influx and it was really nice, but negative temperatures are not that appealing to me and less as I get older.

3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Hey Gene , I love your spirit as a Nomad but being retired 12 years before you , I can say I leave this state when I want to and I come back to my family
    when I have had enough or MY Fill of traveling . The Greatest part of having friends all over the western states is , during the winter , I get calls from these
    folks saying " Well we've had enough of this White Stuff " could you use some company ? With open arms , as they welcome me to their honey holes , we are
    both happy . The interesting part is , I don't have to rely on hunting here if I don't want to .......so , you and I are fortunate for that !

4. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Yes we are indeed fortunate. My wife and I chose our current path, not because we are spineless cowards, but for a multitude of reasons some will never fathom. Some will stay, some will leave, that choice should be left to them. Nothing would please me more than to see a complete turn around in CA, but "less than minuscule" are not odds I'm willing to bet on. I don't have a lifetime left, therefore, if I don't take chances now there may well be no tomorrows in which to alter course. I neither regret the choices I have made, nor do I wish the evils of this life on any man because they see fit not to follow in my footsteps. Good luck to those who stay. :tu

5. Farres

Farres Senior Refuge Member

Over the years, it seems that lots of folks on this forum say they're planning to leave CA, but very few actually do.

Bottom line: Most of us are sissies. I was born and raised in Wyoming. I have zero interest in going back to shoveling snow all night long so I can get out in the morning, frozen well pumps or hoping opec stops manipulating prices so I can get my job in the oil patch back.

My sister just flew back to Wyoming after spending the holidays with me. All of her grown sons have been unemployed or underemployed for almost two years. They live in double wides and buy used snow tires. Their unemployment is running out and they don't have a pot to **** in or $1,000 to make a fresh start in Denver or ABQ.

If you don't need to make a living, then happily pack your stuff and head to the Rockies. However, if you still need to work like me, then make no mistake that CA is the land of milk and honey where living is easy.

6. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

In spite of all the feelings, there is that thing called reality we get to deal with too.

7. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

You obviously don't know much ....... Idiots move to CA .... The ones leaving , are leaving because they hate stupid , have Morals , Values and Common Sense and Cash to do so ..... I haven't seen a Red State go Blue ....... Sure would like to see CA turn Blood Red , from the pigs ruining my state ..... But people would rather leave than fight ...... Maybe once Newsome starts in you'll see things more clearly and you'll stop running and fight ....CA Communism is well on its way to really wrecking life for the good people of the State .... Think its bad now ...just wait ...

8. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I've been fighting all my life. Experience has taught me that you can't fix liberal.
    Liberal has to screw itself.

9. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

I know you Cant fix Stupid , as in their mind they're right no matter what facts you provide to prove they're dead wrong ....
    Ive been Fighting as well , but its not the kind of fighting our founders would have chose to fix Ca ..... they Fought for Freedom because it meant more to them than it does to people these days ....

10. ckp160

ckp160 New Member

If any of you are considering moving to Washington or Oregon, I'd advise against it. I live in Washington. I know I cracked a joke earlier about not coming here, but it was half truth. It's getting bad. There are a lot of outdoor opportunities here, but the rumblings are that it's all going to take a serious hit here in the near future in the name of "conservation". Think of Seattle and Portland as wannabe San Franciscos. I made a joke about there being a blue tumor around Seattle and it's completely true. Take a look at the political map and you'll see that the Seattle area truly does screw everybody in the state. Clinton won the state by 11 points or something? I haven't spent a lot of time in Eastern Washington, but it is really pretty. Unfortunately all the state laws apply there. The state is turning into California with all of it's social programs and because Seattle voters rule the roost, EVERYBODY ends up paying for it. Unless you come here and want to live in Seattle and fight with your vote, just go to Idaho and be done with it. When my son it out of the house I'm probably going to jump ship to Idaho or Utah.

I just have to say that it's a damn shame that a state that is truly beautiful as California is ruined by the politics. I've spent a fair amount of time in CA and it's breath taking. Too bad dip-****s rule there too.