With doom to the CA hunter on the horizon...

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by SpoonySmacker, Dec 30, 2017.

1. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Senior Refuge Member

Amen!

2. boodog

boodog Senior Refuge Member

You nailed the hell out of it! I live 100 some odd miles east of Seattle and over the last 20 years we are seeing an influx of people from the west side and they want to make it just like the place they left-latest is a city law compelling consumers to pay for all plastic or paper grocery bags-the Seattle environmental movement is now polluting what used to be a level headed farming community. My farm is now surrounded by suburbia -less pickups and suvs on the road today-more Prius', Volvos, Audis and BMWs. Good grief!

3. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

At least in WA you don't have a state income tax. We get bent over in CA and it's going to get worse considering the limitation on SALT deductions for federal returns.

4. SpoonySmacker

SpoonySmacker Senior Refuge Member

Right there with ya. I love this state and the areas we are able to hunt, fish and just enjoy, but with the high majority of the populous against that lifestyle our opportunities are shrinking. City life and development is starting to creep into rural areas with no to little wildlife/environmental easements in return. Most here would rather have a shopping center or new condos instead of a park or WMA. It’s backwards thinking from where we stand. You think the refuges are bad now, give it 5 years and it’s going to be a mess. This state will stray very little from the spiraling downward course it is on with the same kind of politicians being voted in to office. I believe the state is beyond the tipping point of having a chance to reverse these things. With only more and more of these liberal, like-minded extremists moving in from out of state there’s no hope for a great revival. Only option at this point if you want to live under these absurd laws is to pack up and leave. You can’t have a debate with a liberal extremist without severely offending them or having them just deny and lash out against factual information if they don’t believe in it or agree with your standpoint. I would classify myself as a moderate rebublican and liberals still look at me funny and have a hard time agreeing with some of my arguments, beliefs and way of life. It’s hard to reside in a state with those types of individuals.

CADUCKWHACKER likes this.
  5. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

I hope to retire to a spot where my $$$$ goes a lot farther and I don’t have to deal with insane laws governing my individual freedoms.

I’m all about paying less for gas, diesel, food, a home, vehicle/vessel registration and hunting and fishing licenses, tags and everything else!

I’ve made investments to continue comfortably waterfowl hunting in California and hopefully I’ll burn all my preference points and draw all the big game tags I’m targeting before becoming a non-resident.

CADUCKWHACKER and mark seaters like this.
  6. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Senior Refuge Member

Let me say this....this new money grab ie new vehicle registration along with our fuel tax....our roads will never see this money! It will go into the general fund and in Liberals pockets....just like the lottery fund for school improvements. We cannot even dig more reservoirs....how much bare land do we have all over this State, but we cannot collect/store water?! Because it may harm the Red Ant, Tree Frog, Rainbow Spider, Berkeley Tree Hugger etc! This is how bad it is....I haven't even touched on the gun laws, schools, transgenger bathrooms, marijuana, minimum wage, bullet train waste, Bay Bridge Turd, damn it, I'm out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  7. J5KID

J5KID Senior Refuge Member

Ca, Wa, and Or all need to draw lines in the sand and make the liberal coastlines be there own states. It would honestly fix so many problems. How can we make the State of Jefferson become reality.

Winchester 1897 and Wareagle1 like this.
  8. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

You're pretty much talking about Northern Idaho there, except for maybe food prices, which are a wash. But you would be able to afford a few acres on which to garden, raise your own beef, lamb and chickens and build a pretty nice house. Not to mention all the fish you'll haul out of local lakes, the abundant wild turkeys and plentiful deer. Even a few elk running around without having to drive half a day to get to them.

9. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Hey Hayden , don't forget to tell him about the savings on frozen food storage , with just leaving the doors open during the winter months ?
    I assume having a good Windshield Ice Scraper and the time of your vehicle idling would offset those savings some , right ?

10. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

If you are not a four seasons person this is not your place. If you are enjoying the 60 degree temps and lack of wind you're currently experiencing on hunt days in NorCal well then, you've got me there...