Women's Waders

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Squaller, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I am looking to get my girlfriend a pair of Women's size 7 waders.... She probably won't be going out too frequently, so I am not looking to spend a bunch of money on them.

I do not want a real aggressive sole, because we have a long walk on a muddy road, and those soles will pick up lots of mud. And, I am hunting in CA so I do not need or want anything excessively warm.

Any recommendations, or anything to stay away from???

Thanks for your help....

Marc

2. Bandtaker

Bandtaker Elite Refuge Member

Marc I bought my girl friend a size 6 in mens and she wears 2 pairs of socks. They are 3 mm so shouldnt be to warm. Think was around a $100 at Basspro. She only hunts a week a year with me up in Maryland. Hope this helps:tu

3. Blueyed-goof

Blueyed-goof Senior Refuge Member

Marc-

I just bought a pair of sock foot fly fishing waders and camoed them up myself. I use a pair of Converse tennis shoes to walk in or a pair of neoprene scuba booties to walk in. They are extremely light weight and easy to walk in, and I can change the shoe out to fit the environment. I like them so far....

Dani

oh yeah...if you do decide to go that route, take her to the local store that sells such waders and let her try them on to find out which sock footed wader fits her the best. I went through lots of different bands and sizes looking for the right fit.

4. SPECKLEBELLY13

SPECKLEBELLY13 Senior Refuge Member

Can't help ya out there. Up here in Minnesota I wear 1600 gram. I need all the warmth I can get. Good Luck