Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Wood duck and Shoveler pair

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by schmidte217, Feb 22, 2008.

1. squatty420

squatty420 Elite Refuge Member

I actually read somewhere that the Heath Hen was more likely what the pilgrams ate on their first thanksgiving rather than turkey.

Eric, When you get to the Atlantic in the car you can alway rent a boat to keep going :dv I can't wait to see it! I'll keep praying for you. :tu

2. schmidte217

schmidte217 Senior Refuge Member

That would certainly be an adventure wouldn't it:l Yea that was one of the things, I believe in Wikipedia that talks about it being the bird that was used at the first thanksgiving. Cool stuff for sure!

Should be going out today or tomorrow so I have a long week ahead of me, I really didn't even want to mention it to ANYBODY until I had it here but just got to excited I guess:nutz

Eric

3. woodsie

woodsie Elite Refuge Member

Positive thoughts Eric, Positive thoughts.:yes :yes
    It will get here just fine.:)
    W.:tu :tu

4. Chris Nicolai

Chris Nicolai Elite Refuge Member

So, what state is it in? Frozen, a skin? And just to ask, why did you get it? Do you have to give it back once mounted? Just curious, and I bet you will have fun!

5. schmidte217

It is a mounted bird from Victorian era in original case from Europe. Nope, no giving it back, bought it and it's new home will be in south texas from here on out:tu

And to answer why I got it, well......I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't get it:sp :sp

Eric

6. Chris Nicolai

Chris Nicolai Elite Refuge Member

OK, that explains it Eric. I thought you got one to mount. Wasn't thinking that it was already mounted. I guess I didn't think too hard, cause how would they have kept it frozen back then:nutz

7. schmidte217

Man what would it be like to get some of these birds frozen in ice if that technology was available back then:eek: :grvn :sp

Eric

8. wildrice

wildrice Senior Refuge Member

Those are very nice mounts, the shoveler pair is way cool.

9. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Very nice...Can not wait to see my black man... How is it coming buy the way? Do you need a hen Woody ??? Why didnt you say so I have a pond one street over....

10. schmidte217

Heck, even if I would have known that, don't think I would have changed the hunt a bit:tu Then wouldn't have gotten that sweet pair of atlantic blue wings the second morning. Send me those panels for the birds when you get a chance.

Eric