Word of the Day, April 10, 2017, Psalm 145:18

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 10, 2017

“ When Jesus steps out. On a cloud and calls God's children the dead in Christ shall rise to meet him in the air. And then those that remain will be quickly changed at the midnight cry when Jesus comes again.”

Psalm 145: 18:

18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

I wrote about the importance of going to church and about the importance of reading GOD’s Words last week. Today I would like to talk about the importance of prayer in our lives, in our relationship with Christ.

How is your prayer life today? Do we just pray when we need something from GOD or do we just pray when we are scared or when someone is sick or dying? Here is a question that I had to learn and deal with. Are we right with GOD when we are asking GOD to help us?

Psalm 34:15: 15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

Psalm 34:17-18: 17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. 18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalm 66:18: 18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

The first step in creating a prayer life is to call upon Him for salvation as a non-believer and as a believer asking and seeking His mercy. We need to be right, to lay our unconfessed sin at His feet. We cannot live a consistently sinful lifestyle and expect GOD to hear our prayers.

So do we trust GOD to hear our prayers and to answer them? Daniel 9:18 says this: 18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.

Daniel’s prayed by faith and GOD answers our prayers because of His mercies and not our good works. Do we believe that if we do something good that GOD will answer our prayers? GOD’s answer to prayer is in His great mercy towards us and it has nothing to do with what we can do.

Have you ever prayed to win the lottery and that you will promise to give a lot of your new found riches back to GOD? Silly right? GOD only answers prayers aligned with His will. James 4:3 tells us that: 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

James 5:16: 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

We need to believe that prayer works to accomplish GOD’s will in our lives. Prayers are powerful and effective and we are not wasting our time seeking GOD. It builds our relationship, our trust and our faith with our Father GOD. The prayers of godly Christians works. I have seen this in my lifetime. Keep praying for GOD to use our prayers to accomplish His will and that we must never take for granted the privilege and power of prayer. Start today, seeking Him in prayer.

“ God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.”

Timothy P. Furness

Buttesmacker likes this.