Word of the Day, April 11, 2017, Matthew 25:35-39

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 11, 2017

“ Lord I give my life a living sacrifice. To reach a world in need. To be your hands and feet so may the words I say and the things I do. Make my lifesong sing bring a smile to you.”

Matthew 25:35-39

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

So for the last three WOD’s I have written about going to church, being in the Word of GOD daily and to be in prayer with our Father GOD. Christ tells us in these verses how we are to love and take care of those that are less fortunate, sick, naked, prisoners, hungry or a stranger.

Last night I was asked to preach to a life group filled with strong believers, men and women of GOD for sure. I was able to share my testimony and that how people helped my family and me while I was in the pit of Canaan. A few of them were in the room with me last night.

What do the Scriptures say about helping others? To hear ye one another’s burden, ye ought to support the week, more blessed to give than to receive, open thy hand wide unto thy brother the poor and the needy, have mercy on the poor, to have a bountiful eye, to do good, deliver the poor and needy out of the hand of the wicked, sell that ye have, not to be high minded, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother, to visit the fatherless and widows, to have mercy on the poor, when we makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the blind and ye shall not afflict and widow or fatherless child.

So where is our heart today? On the needy or us? On our money or the poor that are in need? On our family or the families that have lost their father? On our time or those that need our time to help them? On our freedom or the prisoners?

If you have ever been one of the needy, the poor, a prisoner, the downtrodden, the fatherless, a widow and someone has been there for you, you understand this love and if not, seek His Word today and reach out to those in need today. For me it is clear, LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE, SERVE OTHERS AND TELL EVERYONE.

“ Mercy flows, as we believe. Now we give as we receive, vessels of your healing grace. Pure in heart we see Your face.”

Timothy P. Furness