Word of the Day, April 12, 2017, Psalm 66: 10-12

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 12, 2017

“ My soul sings. Hallelujah! God great and glorious You are. God great and glorious my soul sings. Hallelujah! God great and glorious You are.”

Psalm 66:10-12

10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.

12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

The book of Psalms is full of examples of how David prayed, giving praises to God, David singing to God, David asking for forgiveness and just watching David get on his knees for God. One thing I understand about the Bible, is it is full of examples as how to pray to God, how to pray for other people, how to love each other, how to solve problems, how we are to act in life, when to fight, when to give, when to sacrifice for God and just how to live our daily life giving God all the praise and glory each and every day.

I wrote on 12/09/12 on the side of my Bible these words after I read Chapter 66 a few times in my daily Bible study, “This could be my sermon for describing what Canaan was all about for me.

Do you know what it takes to tried/refine/purify silver? Google can show you anything.

“ The easiest and most common way to purify silver is smelting. This requires high temperatures of 1450-2000 degrees Celsius (2600-3600 degrees F). Silver being a heavier element will sink to the bottom and be separated from the impurities. The silver is then drained out leaving the other elements behind.”

Can you image how hot 3000 degree is. Once it is refined, tried, it is in its purest form. This is what Christ does with His gift of salvation, His spiritual refining. We just need to ask and be willing to give it all to Him. As I have said before, less of me and more of Thee!

A lot of people think that God is only about good things and that He would never put us into a net, a trial, a prison (a lot of other Bible verses use the word prison here instead of net like the KJV), sickness or a low point in our lives. But let me tell you from my experience, He will get your attention and if you are willing to submit, put Him first, live your life for Christ, it is amazing, it is a blessing, it is a life changing experience, Thank you Father God for my “net”. I went to Canaan as a prisoner of my gods, (duck hunting, work, success, money, pride) and came out a faithful servant to my God.

As I shared my testimony Monday night, I recalled this moment that happened to me. I had many days in Canaan to think about my sin in my life up to this point. One day shortly after arriving at Canaan, I was in the shower and just asked God to forgive me for all of my sins in life, He spoke to me and asked me to trust Him and to tell them all to Him, it was a long shower. I told Him everyone that I could remember and even asked for the ones that I forgot too. There was more water in the shower from my tears than the hot water coming out of the showerhead. Wow, what a washing! That was the cleanest I have every felt in my life. We must give it ALL to Him, no holding back. What a shame for some of us, that it takes a “net” to get us that low that we are finally willing to say, “Here I am LORD.” I want to live like there is no tomorrow for you Christ. Why can’t we just do that today instead of having to be knocked down to submit to God like we are told to do in His word? Pride is the word that comes to my mind.

God does give us chastisements, however he promises to enlarge us in Verse 12. We went through the fire to be refined and after the silver goes through the fire, it is then dipped into water to finish the purification process and then He promises us to bring us out into a wealthy place. Are you in a “wealthy” place in your life now? If not, reach out to God today, accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and live. Experience the joy that can only come from God who was with you in your time in the “net”. Reach out boldly to Him today! If you are in a “wealthy” place, praise Him, thank Him and give Him your praises today!

“ I am redeemed, You set me free so I'll shake off theses heavy chains and wipe away every stain now. I'm not who I used to be. I am redeemed. I'm redeemed.”

Timothy P. Furness