Word of the Day, April 13, 2017, Hebrews 4:16

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 13, 2017

“ Amazing grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found; was blind, but now I see.”

Hebrews 4:16

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

As I preach on Monday night at a life group filled with longtime Christians that have read and studied the Word of GOD for 20-30 plus years I shared about the grace that GOD had given to me after I realized I truly needed Christ in my life.

Today I want to speak to those that do not know Jesus Christ as their personal LORD and Saviour. Here is my question for you to ponder. What does Grace mean to you? Grace means to receive unmerited favor, to get something we do not deserve. The best example of Grace is the gift of Salvation available to everyone through faith in Christ Jesus.

Let me share with you just four examples the Word of GOD gives us to describe GOD Grace. Luke 15 and the prodigal son: No matter what the one son had done, the Father was willing to welcome him home again. This is a picture of GOD for us. No matter what we have done, our Father GOD’s arms are open with His Amazing Grace. Grace won!

For the woman at the well in John 4 is another great example of Grace from above. The Jews thought the Samarians were the lowest of all people, but yet Christ talked with her, share the gift of salvation with her even though she had five different men and was with a man now that was not her husband. Christ said, drink of His water and she would no longer thirst and springing up into everlasting life. Grace won again!

Grace was alive in Luke 18 with the blind beggar. He asked for Christ’s mercy upon him and for his vision. A question for us; what saved him? It was his faith that Jesus Christ was the only answer. Again, Grace wins!

How about the thief on one of the three crosses the day that Christ died on the cross to cover all of our sins? In Luke, we are told of the amazing grace from Christ. Both thieves began their time on the cross mocking Christ along with many in the crowd that had gathered. What we can learn from this example of Grace is that no matter what we have done, even mocking Christ or GOD, with the saving power of Christ’s gift of salvation, we can receive Grace and eternal life with GOD, unlike the other thief on the cross next to Christ who is now suffering from his deadly and eternal mistake. His pride caused him not to believe in Christ and what he heard and saw while hanging on the cross. We are all sinners and we all need Grace. Grace will always win!

Are we humble enough to receive Grace? James 4:6 tell us, But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Do we realize that it is a gift from GOD and we can do nothing? Ephesians 2:8 shares with us that For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:Paul tells us in Romans 3:24: Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Paul also explains to us in Romans 6:14 “ For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

I want to say this; I am living proof that Grace wins every time. The saving Grace of Jesus Christ changed my life. I have been forgiven for all my past, present and future sins and given unmerited favor. I now have the desire to serve GOD and His Kingdom, to Love GOD, to Love People, to Serve Others and to Tell Everyone about the saving and amazing grace of Jesus Christ. Grace wins every time!

This weekend as we celebrate the blood of Christ on the cross for us, His death and His resurrection please get to a good Bible preaching Church and celebrate the cross and for Christ dying for us that believe on Him. Remember, grace always wins!

“ My chains are gone. I've been set free. My God, my Savior has ransomed me and like a flood His mercy reigns. Unending love, amazing grace.”

Timothy P. Furness