Word of the Day, April 25, 2017, Matthew 5:14-16

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 25, 2017

“ Every soul we long to reach, every heart we hope to teach. Everywhere we share His peace is only by His grace, Grace alone - which God supplies. Strength unknown - He will provide. Christ in us our cornerstone. We will go forth in grace alone.”

Matthew 5:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Yesterday I wrote about being salty and today is part 2 and I am going to speak to my brothers and sisters in Christ again and ask all of us this question. Are we the light of Christ or is our light hidden under a bushel basket? Are we glorifying GOD with our light? Does our light shine with the love of Christ that is in us?

I have heard from many Christians that their religion is between them and GOD and nobody else. How wrong they are. First of all it should not be a religion or about being a Baptist, a Methodist, a Catholic, a Lutheran, or any other man made religion but about a personal relationship our LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

The Gospel commands us to share the Scriptures with the world, in our little part of our world, at our work, within our family and to the lost, the broken, the prisoners, the homeless and to everyone.

This example of putting a lite candle under a bushel is foolish right? One thing is that nobody can see the light of the candle and the second thing is the basket will catch on fire.

As believers that just experience the celebration of Christ’s death, burial and His resurrection a few weeks ago, we need to remember that CHRIST DIED FOR ME and I why can’t I love GOD with all that I am? CHRIST DIED FOR ME and I why can’t follow His commandment to love people? CHRIST DIED FOR ME and why am I not willing to serve others? CHRIST DIED FOR ME and why am I not willing to tell everyone about His gift of salvation, mercy and love and may I add that CHRIST DIED FOR ME and why am I not willing to read and study His Word daily and apply it to our hearts? Before, during and after my trial, I am willing and trying hard daily to seek GOD first and to do all of this for Christ. I must be honest with myself for it is sad that it took Canaan to make me change. Thank You Father GOD for changing me.

We call ourselves believers? Sorry so harsh, but I have been there myself and I see it daily from people that call themselves Christians. We have been promised eternal life in heaven with GOD and we walk around with no grace for others, no desires for the lost, no cares for our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and do so many things that doesn’t glorify our Father GOD.

Now my second thought on these verses is this, if we put our candle of Christ under a basket, I believe we will eventually let our love for Christ go out or get burned. We will backslide, our candle will go out and we will fall into darkness. I have myself and witnessed many Christian lose the light of Christ and fall into sin. We talk the talk; we walk the walk yet we do not put GOD first in our lives. We put everything else first. We truly do not have a real and personal relationship with Christ Jesus. GOD MUST BE FIRST IN OUR LIVES.

The Scriptures are clear about this. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. We all like the last part of this verse but the seek ye first and His righteousness are the most important parts.

We are a city on a hill and many people can see us from all around. People are always looking for a reason to question our faith and say what kind of a Christian are you. Is our candle raised up high for all to see Christ in us? When people say your name, do they say that you are a man or woman of GOD? Is the light of Christ on a candlestick so that all around us can see Christ’s light or is it hidden under a bushel? Do we share Christ or keep it to ourselves? Is the your light for Christ shinning for all around us to see an example of loving people and serving other for the Kingdom or do they say that all you do is care about yourself? Are we glorifying our Father GOD in heaven with all that we say and do? Light your candle and place it in a candlestick and Shine the Light of Christ to everyone today.

“ Fairest of ten thousand. Make me a reflection of your light. Daystar, shine down on me. Let your love shine through me in the night.”

Timothy P. Furness