Word of the Day, April 26, 2017, Psalm 1:1-2

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 26, 2017

“ I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene, and wonder how he could love me, a sinner, condemned, unclean. How marvelous! How wonderful! And my song shall ever be: How marvelous! How wonderful is my Savior's love for me! ”

Psalm 1:1-2

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Last night at my Tuesday Night Men’s Prayer Night the preacher man spoke about our passion for GOD. He asked us all how is our passion for Christ each and every new day.

David was a man full of passion for GOD. He was a man after GOD’s own heart. As the author of most of the Book of Psalms, he is filled with passion for GOD to be over his life. He had passion for serving GOD and a passion to seek GOD for His mercies and forgiveness.

David starts out the Book of Psalms with an exaltation of GOD’s Word. We sometimes forget about the Old Testaments people, they did not have the New Testament writings nor a bible in every home. Can you image that David could love GOD anymore than he did with just the laws and books that were available to him and then to have the New Testament to study each and everyday? We have it and so many people do not read it, let alone study GOD’s Word. Is our delight in the Word of the LORD? Do we have a passion for GOD’s Words?

So, are we passionate about GOD’s blessings upon us? Like David, I am blessed from reading and understanding the Word of GOD. It has changed my life. My understanding of life comes from not my worldly neighbors, but from the Word of GOD. David’s first words he wrote in Psalms is blessed and Jesus’ first word in the Sermon on the Mount is also blessed.

The Book of Psalms is filled with the psalmist telling us that we are blessed. We are blessed by taking refuge in Him (Psalm 2:12), blessed is he that is forgiven and is covered (Psalm 32:1). This is one that America needs to get back to, Psalm 33:12, “ blessed is the nation whose GOD is the Lord.”

“ Blessed is he that considereth the poor.” (Psalm 41:1) “ Blessed are they that dwell in thy house and blessed are those whose strength is in thee.” (Psalm 84:4-5) The Psalmist tells us that we are blessed by being chastenest and teaching us thy law. (Psalm 94:12) We are blessed if we Fear the Lord and delighteth greatly in GOD’s commandments in Psalm 112:1. Psalm 119:1 states, “ Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.” Finally, in Psalm 119:2: “ Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart.”

I’ll finish with a quote from the author of the Word, Jesus tells us we are blessed if we are the poor in spirit, they that mourn, the meek, those that thirst and hunger after righteousness. Blessed are the merciful, the pure in heart, the peacemakers, those that are persecuted for righteousness and “ blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, persecute you and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.”

As believers we are truly blessed by our Father GOD right? Then lets get out there and share the Word of GOD to one person today. BE passionate about the love of Christ and tell them what Christ has done for you and share the Word of GOD with them.

“ And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own; and the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.”

Timothy P. Furness